cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally got my denial letter from care credit.........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

finally got my denial letter from care credit.........

I have been waiting now for 13 days (not the 7-10) and finally got the letter which is such a crock! Word for word this is what it says...

Dear Jane Doe

Thank you for your application for a (n) GE Money Bank Care Credit account. Regretfully, your request cannot be approved at this time.

In evaluating your request, a credit scoring system was used that meets detailed standards for such systems set out in the regulation implementing the provisions of the Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act. This system assigns a point value to various items of information which, taken together, have been demonstrated to predict the statistical probability that a consumer will pay in accordance with the terms of the transaction requested. The points obtained each factor or characteristic considered by the scoring system were added together and you did not achieve the approval score assigned by the system. Since each category scored by the system contributed to the total score, no individual factor was solely responsible for your score being less than the approved score. Nevertheless, the factors where you did not score well compared with other consumers have been determined and these factors were:

-age of oldest account                                    8 years 8 months

-too few  accounts currently paid as agreed     not a late reported ever

-lack of finance company account information  really not sure about this everything appeared to be correct the day I app'd 

-lack of recent retail account information         maybe they didn't like I haven't used Jcp? But use all other cards?

In evaluating your application, the consumer reporting agency below provided us with information that in whole or part influenced our decision. The consumer reporting agency played no part in our decision other than providing us with credit information about you and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. You have the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information contained in your credit file. You also have a right to a free copy of your report from the credit reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this notice. In addition, if you find any information contained in the report you receive is inaccurate, you have the right to dispute the matter with the credit reporting agency. Any questions regarding such information should be directed to the consumer reporting agency below;

Equifax Credit Info Se

1550 Peachtree St

Maildrop H 13

Atlanta Ga 30309

800-685-1111

If you have any questions regarding this letter please write to us at Card Svc, c/o application processing, OH3-4250, Po Box 8726 Dayton, Ohio 45401-8726

Sincerely,

Client Services

Message Edited by Bran9192 on 12-30-2008 01:53 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: finally got my denial letter from care credit.........

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.