Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

finally....

I applied on April 2nd and I still havent recieved my BofA Secured CC because for some reason the BankREP that was nice filled out app for me at bank put that I will be sending BofA a cashier check to open account... but told me it will be removed direct from my BofA checking...
After 2 weeks I called CSR and got tossed around cause I didnt know Secured CC has own number different from reg CC phone number... once I talked to rep and told me they still waiting on cashier check... blahhh  so she changed it.
I called 3 days later to check if everything ok...... rep said it wasnt fixed and she will correct it now and will pull money out that night... they did Smiley Wink
and now today... still havent got card but should be here soon but online now shows

Bank of America - Emerging Credit Platinum Plus Visa - XXXX

cant wait Smiley Wink   to get card and graduate at 9-12months Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: finally....

Kind of a relief huh ???
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! As far as secured CCs go, I think the BOA secured CC is probably the most talked about one here. BOA is extremely prime, and will actually grow with you.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 16
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

yeah!Smiley Very Happy
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this forum and suggestions... I went with secured BofA but when I went to bank and was offered 99/500 so i took it... glad to be getting a prime card which graduate soon... well not soon but eventually.
Message 5 of 16
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

nice.  i sent in a personal check for the 99/500 recently, so am still waiting.  here's hoping we both 'graduate' fairly quickly (i've heard some people do it in 6 mos.) and get nice CLIs upon graduation.
Message 6 of 16
Fenerbahce
Valued Member

Congrats, I felt so good when I was able to get any kind of a credit card last year...BOA secured 99/500 was what I went with and recently (last week) graduated to unsecured. Smiley Wink I've had the card since June '07.

The funny thing is, I haven't missed a single payment with them and while I applied and got a Delta Skymiles Amex w/ a $1000 CL the week before, BOA denied my credit increase request....even though they had just sent me a congratulations letter on becoming a non-secure customer...These guys are tough!Smiley Mad

Oh, and word to the wise...watch your statement closing and due dates closely on this card...Make sure you ALWAYS make that $15 minimum every month before the due date. I had a problem with their weird closing dates and billing cycle crap so I started making a $15 payment every 2 weeks.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Fenerbahce wrote:
Congrats, I felt so good when I was able to get any kind of a credit card last year...BOA secured 99/500 was what I went with and recently (last week) graduated to unsecured. Smiley Wink I've had the card since June '07.
The funny thing is, I haven't missed a single payment with them and while I applied and got a Delta Skymiles Amex w/ a $1000 CL the week before, BOA denied my credit increase request....even though they had just sent me a congratulations letter on becoming a non-secure customer...These guys are tough!Smiley Mad
Oh, and word to the wise...watch your statement closing and due dates closely on this card...Make sure you ALWAYS make that $15 minimum every month before the due date. I had a problem with their weird closing dates and billing cycle crap so I started making a $15 payment every 2 weeks.

Hi, Fenerbahce, congrats on the unsecured card and the Delta!

One thing caught my eye, where you were talking about getting your minimum payments in on time. This is probably why you didn't get a CLI. Now that you have an unsecured card, I'd guess that they're watching to see how you do. If you're sweating getting in your $15, they're probably going to hold off for a while. If you can knock your balance down or off, that will do wonders for your scores and your overall credit health and safety. (Hope I read that right.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you apply for the BOA 99/500? I can't find it on their site. How easy is it to get?
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is BOA 99/500?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.