Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerhut?

tag
matthallis
Valued Member

fingerhut?

what are the chances of being approved with no to very little credit history?

i have 2 credit cards i got 2 months ago.

Gardening as of 7/7/2013
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: fingerhut?

Message 2 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Didn't people just advise you to go to the Garden and wait?

Credit is a game of patience. With two positive revolving tradelines reporting you will be good for much better rewards cards in just a manner of 6-12 months. Slow down, enjoy life. If you rush it, you will find yourself in a load of trouble real fast.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 11
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

I got a fingerhut with a lousy history.

Message 4 of 11
zerobacan
Established Contributor

on january I was overexited with two new.accounts and a fico of 650. I apped like crazy...19 inqs..... Smiley Sad just two new accs of 15aps... Relax i wished i had relaxed...
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 11
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

I got a fingerhut with a lousy history.

Dont do it. I get them all the time. I had 2 capital one secured cards.... 1 of them i just got it 4 months ago... the 1st one i got 9 months ago with no credit. Now not even a week ago. ( grantd i gardened with them for nearly 9 months). I have a new chase freedom 1 week old and i just got approved today for an american express green card. 

Be very patient. Like i wise and you will be in good standings in no time. For Reward Cards

Message 6 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@matthallis wrote:

what are the chances of being approved with no to very little credit history?

i have 2 credit cards i got 2 months ago.

Do yourself a favor and Garden. Fingerhut is not worth it the products are overpriced and they only report to EQ / TU.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 11
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Agreed, they don't report to experian. I am closing my fingerhut actually in a few days. They are good for a rebuilder if nobody else will give you a chance. So my advice would be to try for some secured cards first or something like a rebuilder card. If that doesn't work, then go for Fingerhut. I had to get Fingerhut because nobody would give me anything 6 months ago. It didn't hurt my rebuild but I did have to buy some crappy stuff from them.

Message 8 of 11
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
Didn't people just advise you to go to the Garden and wait?

Credit is a game of patience. With two positive revolving tradelines reporting you will be good for much better rewards cards in just a manner of 6-12 months. Slow down, enjoy life. If you rush it, you will find yourself in a load of trouble real fast.

I could not have said this any better. Don't get caught up in the tone of this post if you have "thin skin". It is the absolute truth and in your best interest.

Message 9 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.