Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerhut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fingerhut

Vinyl Blazers?   LOL

Oh no, you're thinking about the OLD Fingerhut that used to sell the 1.99 shoes for 30.00.  They've improved their products.  And if you can try to shop from their catalog (better selection sometimes) or do a deep product search online.  I've gotten some great name brand products from them.  Sure, they charge "regular price" (so to speak) but it is a good starter credit line to get something on your credit report.

Their credit increases seem to come every few months.  I think I got three last year.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol yeah i think its backed by chase also but i like fingerhut but i dont like mail orders urggggggggg they get crap wrong! 
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Vinyl Blazers? LOL
Oh no, you're thinking about the OLD Fingerhut that used to sell the 1.99 shoes for 30.00. They've improved their products. And if you can try to shop from their catalog (better selection sometimes) or do a deep product search online. I've gotten some great name brand products from them. Sure, they charge "regular price" (so to speak) but it is a good starter credit line to get something on your credit report.
Their credit increases seem to come every few months. I think I got three last year.

I remember my Mom buying me this gad-awful imitation leather (read cheap vinyl) jacket from Fingerhut when I was about 14-15. It was horrible, I refused to wear it. Of course that was almost 40 years ago, so they could have upgraded. Still stuck in my memory banks though. I could never buy from them. LOL
Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

joffogle wrote:
hey i got a fingerhut credit line (300 dollars)

does this credit line report to the bureaus?

im so upset because i bought a vacuum for 150 dollars and paid it back immed. but if its not being reported then i kind of just wasted 150 that i could have paid to another credit card.

fingerhut only report to EQ. They are  way too expensive i wanted to buy a a ps3 and a psp but their price was 599 for the ps3 and 299 for the psp. Retail price for the ps3 is 399 and the psp 169.
Message 14 of 34
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

What is the minimum credit score to get a fingerhut account?
Message 15 of 34
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

I would think that 500 + fico score would put you in a good position to be approve.  They start you out with a low CL and are not very fast with the CLI.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember my moms had a account with fingerhut back in the day.
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahaha. I remember fingerhut too! My mom loved them. She had an account for a long time but stopped buying about 15 years ago so I think they closed her account. I bet its still on her credit report. You know back then I don't think she even cared if they reported. I don't think she cares now.

Has anyone else hasd the experiance with their parents that they really don't care or even know what their credit report is or says? (this is my mom) I told her she should take a look at it and she just waves me off saying that credit stuff is for young people.
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

laila08 wrote:

Has anyone else hasd the experiance with their parents that they really don't care or even know what their credit report is or says? (this is my mom) I told her she should take a look at it and she just waves me off saying that credit stuff is for young people.

My mother never cared i pulled her scores a few months ago she never pulled them herself never an i can see why cause her credit was a mess lol.
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

mjbfan79 wrote:

laila08 wrote:

My mother never cared i pulled her scores a few months ago she never pulled them herself never an i can see why cause her credit was a mess lol.

Oh boy I hear ya mjbfan79. Terrified to look at hers but I supposed if she doesn't care I am not going to push the issue.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.