Regular Contributor
belverbears

Re: fingerhut

Vinyl Blazers?   LOL

Oh no, you're thinking about the OLD Fingerhut that used to sell the 1.99 shoes for 30.00.  They've improved their products.  And if you can try to shop from their catalog (better selection sometimes) or do a deep product search online.  I've gotten some great name brand products from them.  Sure, they charge "regular price" (so to speak) but it is a good starter credit line to get something on your credit report.

Their credit increases seem to come every few months.  I think I got three last year.

Belver
http://www.daveramsey.com (best financial adviser I ever heard!)
Love never fails......hope is always there.
TU: 569 EXP: 566 EQU: 564
Goal 750
Frequent Contributor
mrsanderson

lol yeah i think its backed by chase also but i like fingerhut but i dont like mail orders urggggggggg they get crap wrong! 
~EveryThing Is Within REach~FICO FORUM roCKs.....
Established Contributor
contractor

belverbears wrote:
Vinyl Blazers? LOL
Oh no, you're thinking about the OLD Fingerhut that used to sell the 1.99 shoes for 30.00. They've improved their products. And if you can try to shop from their catalog (better selection sometimes) or do a deep product search online. I've gotten some great name brand products from them. Sure, they charge "regular price" (so to speak) but it is a good starter credit line to get something on your credit report.
Their credit increases seem to come every few months. I think I got three last year.

I remember my Mom buying me this gad-awful imitation leather (read cheap vinyl) jacket from Fingerhut when I was about 14-15. It was horrible, I refused to wear it. Of course that was almost 40 years ago, so they could have upgraded. Still stuck in my memory banks though. I could never buy from them. LOL
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Regular Contributor
carlos1102

joffogle wrote:
hey i got a fingerhut credit line (300 dollars)

does this credit line report to the bureaus?

im so upset because i bought a vacuum for 150 dollars and paid it back immed. but if its not being reported then i kind of just wasted 150 that i could have paid to another credit card.

fingerhut only report to EQ. They are  way too expensive i wanted to buy a a ps3 and a psp but their price was 599 for the ps3 and 299 for the psp. Retail price for the ps3 is 399 and the psp 169.
Frequent Contributor
anca21bi

What is the minimum credit score to get a fingerhut account?
Regular Contributor
robertkinder

I would think that 500 + fico score would put you in a good position to be approve.  They start you out with a low CL and are not very fast with the CLI.
4-1-08 / EQ 428 - TU 440 - EX 460
8-1-08 / EQ 565 - TU 541 - EX 552
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

I remember my moms had a account with fingerhut back in the day.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
laila08

Hahaha. I remember fingerhut too! My mom loved them. She had an account for a long time but stopped buying about 15 years ago so I think they closed her account. I bet its still on her credit report. You know back then I don't think she even cared if they reported. I don't think she cares now.

Has anyone else hasd the experiance with their parents that they really don't care or even know what their credit report is or says? (this is my mom) I told her she should take a look at it and she just waves me off saying that credit stuff is for young people.
apping spree or shopping spree...lesser of 2 evils???hmmm
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

laila08 wrote:

Has anyone else hasd the experiance with their parents that they really don't care or even know what their credit report is or says? (this is my mom) I told her she should take a look at it and she just waves me off saying that credit stuff is for young people.

My mother never cared i pulled her scores a few months ago she never pulled them herself never an i can see why cause her credit was a mess lol.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
laila08

mjbfan79 wrote:

laila08 wrote:

My mother never cared i pulled her scores a few months ago she never pulled them herself never an i can see why cause her credit was a mess lol.

Oh boy I hear ya mjbfan79. Terrified to look at hers but I supposed if she doesn't care I am not going to push the issue.
apping spree or shopping spree...lesser of 2 evils???hmmm

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+