first premier, 36% apr!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: first premier, 36% apr!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone,

I went out and got my mail today and got my first ever "first premier" credit card app. I would NEVER sign up for their card (no need as I have great credit with 74,800 available on my cards and perfect history).

Anyway I decided to open it just to see what the offer said. It stated a minimum of $1000.00 credit line...not bad for some, but not for me.

Anyways I read on,

36% Apr (INSANE?)
$95. Processing fee (WHAT?)
$75. Annual fee (KILLING ME?)
$6.25/mo service fee after one year (I MUST BE DRUNK)

one would think anything over 30% Apr would be considered predatory lending and should be addressed. Especially with all the fees.

Where do I apply?!

Message 41 of 46
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Can't wait to put this bad boy in my portfolio.  lol

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone,

I went out and got my mail today and got my first ever "first premier" credit card app. I would NEVER sign up for their card (no need as I have great credit with 74,800 available on my cards and perfect history).

Anyway I decided to open it just to see what the offer said. It stated a minimum of $1000.00 credit line...not bad for some, but not for me.

Anyways I read on,

36% Apr (INSANE?)
$95. Processing fee (WHAT?)
$75. Annual fee (KILLING ME?)
$6.25/mo service fee after one year (I MUST BE DRUNK)

one would think anything over 30% Apr would be considered predatory lending and should be addressed. Especially with all the fees.

Where do I apply?!

Pizza, don't joke about these things. We will believe you!

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put down the first premier app, and no one gets hurt! Lol
Message 44 of 46
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I received one about a month ago with a 1 k limit. What a joke and the fees are outrageous. Legalized loan sharking.b

Message 45 of 46
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

Legalized loan sharking indeed! As I keep throwing their offers away, they keep sending me more with higher starting CL's. They started out with offering a $300CL and now they're offering $1000CL. Smiley Tongue

Unfortunately I actually had a Credit One card. The interest rate wasn't 36% like First Premier, but they had absolutely no grace period at all. I never used the damn card and I'm so happy I closed out the account and I don't have to worry about it anymore. Never again.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.