Did you mean: 

first real fruad

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: first real fruad

@driftless wrote:

@degs138 wrote:

it has to post then you can dispute it online.

No, if it is fraud, freeze the account and report it immediately.
Post-Script: One of the reasons that you want to report it immediately is so that the credit card company can work with the local police. I had a Capital One card number stolen at a restaurant, we are guessing when the waiter took it into the back. The card information was sold to someone in Indiana who was busy making small purchases to make sure that the information was good. Cap One said that the bad guys were caught because I call as soon I received the text alert of a purchase and the police were able to get the store's video.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 11 of 13
zerbherb
Established Contributor

deactivate old card received  new card number. the charge is off my account i have not recieved the credit yet though.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

deactivate old card received  new card number. the charge is off my account i have not recieved the credit yet though.

So was this a PayPal transaction indeed? If yes, wouldn't this mean that whoever did it should also have your PP credentials?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.