Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first real fruad

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

first real fruad

258$ on my discover card. heres the full thing i am disputing it the second it drops. since i don't feel like calling them since i stutter. has anyone gotten this before?Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 8.32.57 PM.png

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: first real fruad

Didn't buy anything on PayPal? (I googled the address). 

ETA: Isn't the Don't recognize this charge? thing clickable? Isn't that how to dispute it without calling? 

(The only thing I had close on Discover they re-issued my card/new number due to a potential data breach for some place I used the card.)

Message 2 of 13
NRB525
Super Contributor

+1

I would not wait a minute longer, once you determine it is not your charge.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened. You can try to talk to DIscover via chat,  but they may need you to call in. Another good suggestion was to try clicking the button that said " don't recognize this transaction?"

A TTY system for your phone may be a good investment if you are concerned about stuttering. Although they were originally designed for the hearing impaired, I could see it being of benefit to you where you would type in what you would normally say on the phone. Give it a try. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
degs138
Established Contributor

it has to post then you can dispute it online.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 5 of 13
satasat360
Regular Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

258$ on my discover card. heres the full thing i am disputing it the second it drops. since i don't feel like calling them since i stutter. has anyone gotten this before?Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 8.32.57 PM.png

+1 to waht others said and i would suggest to freeze your account online, so that there wont be another charge on the card

Starting Score: 669
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't buy anything on PayPal? (I googled the address). 

ETA: Isn't the Don't recognize this charge? thing clickable? Isn't that how to dispute it without calling? 

(The only thing I had close on Discover they re-issued my card/new number due to a potential data breach for some place I used the card.)

Me too!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@satasat360 wrote:

@zerbherb wrote:

+1 to waht others said and i would suggest to freeze your account online, so that there wont be another charge on the card

Good advice! I forgot about the freezing option.

Message 8 of 13
driftless
Valued Contributor

@degs138 wrote:

it has to post then you can dispute it online.

No, if it is fraud, freeze the account and report it immediately.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm sorry this has happened to you!

If you're certain you have made no recent PayPal transactions, I agree that you should 'freeze' the card right away. 

While you can't formally dispute a charge until it posts, if the charge (or authorization) is truly unknown I would still contact Discover now (chat should be fine) so they can go ahead and issue you a new card number. 

That should shave a few days off your wait for when the charge does post (or even if it doesn't, you will want a new number, anyway).

Good luck!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.