Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firstprogress first bill

tag
phenom880
Established Member

firstprogress first bill

I got this card at the beginning of this month.The bill came in the mail only thing on it at the time was the $29 AF due by 9-1-13. I spent $38 on it and on 8-19-13 made a $60 payment making my balance $7.11...So I'm wondering why now my online statement summary says min payment due is $31 by 9-1-13?

Started my rebuild in 2013 with 500ish scores
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: firstprogress first bill

Call the company and ask them. However if there is any question I would recommend paying the minimum and then trying to get it credited later or having your account have a credit if it turns out it was already paid. Although you have some time after the due date til it could potentially be reported to the CRAs as 30 days past due, I wouldn't take the risk. The best people to ask are the customer service reps for the company. Good luck...

Message 2 of 6
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Call the company and ask them. However if there is any question I would recommend paying the minimum and then trying to get it credited later or having your account have a credit if it turns out it was already paid. Although you have some time after the due date til it could potentially be reported to the CRAs as 30 days past due, I wouldn't take the risk. The best people to ask are the customer service reps for the company.  There should be an itemized section of your bill where all your charges and payments are detailed.  Good luck...

Message 3 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@phenom880 wrote:

I got this card at the beginning of this month.The bill came in the mail only thing on it at the time was the $29 AF due by 9-1-13. I spent $38 on it and on 8-19-13 made a $60 payment making my balance $7.11...So I'm wondering why now my online statement summary says min payment due is $31 by 9-1-13?

I noticed something similar on my bill as well. I paid off 29 annual fee, and i bought an smoothie which was 5 dollars. but my min payment due is nine dollars, which is more than my smoothie. I may call them on monday to see what the issue is

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 6
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

firstprogress website is very weird. They even stopped showing recent activity on the card. But usually their customer service reps are very helpful. Call them and ask about the minimum payment. You may not even have anything due at this time. Try pay online, if it lets you submit a payment then its due. If there is nothing due and the website has not updated the min due yet, the online payment system wont let you submit the payment. Thats from my experience with the webite. Have this card for about 7 months now. 

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 5 of 6
phenom880
Established Member

So I called Firstprogress today..Turns out the the $31 min payment due on my online staement is a $31 credit..I paid $60 into a original $29 min payment leaving $31 credit...Just kinda odd how it looks....but all is well

Started my rebuild in 2013 with 500ish scores
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.