cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? for anyone that had a Capital 1 increase

Senior Contributor

Re: ? for anyone that had a Capital 1 increase

Well... Paying interest doesn't help your credit, BUT it does pad a creditors coffers..
So it is reasonable to assume that banks like to make money...
I got my first Cap One in '06.. $300 limit, then $500, then $1,000, then $1,300.. Last cli was in Sept of 2008. . Reflecting back on it though, I always had high util. I've paid that card off sooooo many damn times, it's redic and STILL no CLI. GR!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
Valued Contributor

I doubt it has anything to do with paying interest but more to do with age of accounts and changes to credit.  When I first opened a card with Capital One (2004) I had NO credit.  Over the years my credit was on a roller coaster, up and down, up and down.  Last year I decided to change it for good and keep focused on it.  When I first asked Capital One for a CLI on ANY of my 3 cards I got the usual answer that no offers were available. 

Originally, I just cancelled all of the cards.  Then I was pissed that now that I was a very "Prime" customer I was still being treated lower than "sub-prime" so I wrote the executives, including the CEO.  That is how I ended up with a $10,000 credit limit (keep in mind that they are now refusing a PC into ANY kind of rewards card so it'll probably end up closed again).

Capital One may one day be a good all inclusive credit card company but right now unless you get in when you are prime they will never treat you like it IMO. 

Starting a whole new chapter
Message 12 of 16
Senior Contributor

It was my first card too... It's weird... Personally,Ive seeb super high limits with Cap One... And then a s*** ton of low limit ones. Not many in-betweens... Like $3-5k. Lol hm
I did get mine pc'ed though hehehe!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 16
Established Member

Thanks everyone. I was wondering why I cant get a credit limit increase.  Never paid any interest on my credit card and want a higher limit so I can stop paying every couple of weeks to just once a month. I was thinking they only like to give CLI to the ones that pay interest so they can make more money. Just a thought I had........

4/20/2012 FICO Equifax - 628, Transunion - 661

Capital 1 Platinum Rewards Opened 10/2011 - 4,500 CL, $3 balance
Message 14 of 16
Super Contributor

You either hear the hate for cap one or the love. They can't seem to make people only 'like' them Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Valued Contributor

CS800 wrote:

You either hear the hate for cap one or the love. They can't seem to make people only 'like' them Smiley Happy

Well I can appreciate Capital One for paving the way for my credit future by giving me my first credit card when no one else would...but it's hard to love a company who doesn't grow with their customers.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 16