Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

former AU card still reported on CR?

tag
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

former AU card still reported on CR?

So, besides the vechile loan and children me And the soon to be ex wife are separated Finicialy. I was a AU for 2 of the 4 weeks her walmart store card was opened this month and when i I have a point drop amd a almost max ultization and the words weren't pretty lol. Will I have to take this month and deal with it Since I was on for half the statement? Or should I call Synchrony and ask? I tried to call equifax but all I could find was a number with the three basic options and no rep Option. So.. how does everyone think I should proceed? Thanks I advanced!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: former AU card still reported on CR?

Message 2 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

You can have yourself removed by calling synch, they are quick to update reports. No experience in being removed from a synch account and how fast it updates though.. But usually they are quick so there's luck. If the cards paid off, updating personal information like address will cause a report update.

I imagine this is a low limit account, may hurt your scores for the month if it takes that long but I wouldn't worry about AA from other creditors.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Either call synch or dispute the account with the CRAs as not yours. Synch is a better first option though. 

Message 4 of 6
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

I was removed as a AU 2 weeks ago, that's why I'm confused. I plan to call Synchrony afyer I get off of work tonight If not early tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure about Synchrony specifically, but I know in general an AU account including the balance will stay on your credit report until the next statement cuts and the company updates. Even after it is updated as 'relationship terminated', the account will still show on your credit report, just with a balance of $0.

If you want it removed completely, I recommend calling the credit bureaus directly. I literally had this situation with one of my husband's cards on which I was an AU. I called all three Monday (5/4) and I got an update today (5/6) that Transunion has already removed the account. I suspect the others will follow shortly.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.