Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud alerts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fraud alerts

hello, I am new to this forum and need some advice. I filed chapter 7 some 1 year and 10 months ago and have been trying to rebuild my credit. So far I have an HSBC CC with a 1000 CL (by the way--hsbc was included in my bankruptcy but I still got approved), Credit one bank--950 cl, Show mastercared--2500cl. but 50.00 yearly fee. My question is that someone applied for a capital one card with my info in another state but I got an alert from equifax monitoring and stopped it with Capital one the same day. but still have the Inquiry on the 3 CB. Capital one said they are in the process of contacting the CBs to tell them that this was a fraudlent application but it's been almost a month and the inquiries are still on there. I am just wondering---Will the CBs place a fraud alert on my files when they get the info. from Capital one? and if so will I be able to get the fraud alert off before 90 days as I plan on another CC application in the next few weeks. Thank you in advance for your help

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.