cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulent usage, closed account...delay in rewards?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

fraudulent usage, closed account...delay in rewards?

My card had some fraudulent charges in the UK, BOA caught on fairly quickly and shut down my account. Problem is, that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't seen any miles deposited since the close of statement. On their end, they said they send the mileage deposits automatically, and the airline says nothing was recieved. Both CSR's said to wait, and contact them in another 30 days if nothing else. Anyone have this happen before? On another note, my fico has been all over the place, when they shut down the account, it reported as a balance of 24k, and upon the new account's statement closure date, the correct balance of 3k reported. Should I dispute that credit account as being incorrect? 

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: fraudulent usage, closed account...delay in rewards?

I tend to dispute anything on my CR that is not, in fact, accurate.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 4
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

My card had some fraudulent charges in the UK, BOA caught on fairly quickly and shut down my account. Problem is, that was 2 weeks ago and I still haven't seen any miles deposited since the close of statement. On their end, they said they send the mileage deposits automatically, and the airline says nothing was recieved. Both CSR's said to wait, and contact them in another 30 days if nothing else. Anyone have this happen before? On another note, my fico has been all over the place, when they shut down the account, it reported as a balance of 24k, and upon the new account's statement closure date, the correct balance of 3k reported. Should I dispute that credit account as being incorrect? 

I would, at least it would show the correct high balance

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute everything in question. I have been able to get all erroneous information removed or info the CB could not support.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.