freedom 5% groceries

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: freedom 5% groceries

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:
I loaded ink plus and csp for most of last year on my serve so I think I should be okay. Who knows.

But not at 5x!   Still, with the cap, probably not an issue

yes i know but free UR is still free UR. I will try this week , i am wondering if i should wait for my 70k to post to my ink plus just to be safe. 

Oh, wasn't disputing that, just saying that even though it is 5x, Chase probably won't care as it is capped.

Message 51 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This mat be just me, but 30k UR points per year is a lot for a card with no AF. that is enough for 3 short haul RT tickets on AA using avios.

Unless my math is incorrect isn't it 60k an year 5,000 an month x 12 months. I would actually raher get 60k alaska air or AA miles for what i would use them for. 60k is enough for one way business to far east on cathay with either alaska or AA

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 52 of 90
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
This mat be just me, but 30k UR points per year is a lot for a card with no AF. that is enough for 3 short haul RT tickets on AA using avios.

Unless my math is incorrect isn't it 60k an year 5,000 an month x 12 months. I would actually raher get 60k alaska air or AA miles for what i would use them for. 60k is enough for one way business to far east on cathay with either alaska or AA

I think 30K is the 4 5x bonuses (7,500 per quarter).

So if you are able to load at target, you will get 66K UR this year  (1500 X5 + 3500) for the first month (say) and 5K for the other 11

Message 53 of 90
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I believe it will be United...  I might keep my UR for something else though as I have 150k Delta Miles now.. I have 30k of my own and buying another 125k off a friend for 600 bucks Smiley Happy.. He travels alot for work, so that is a heck of a deal for me!  Just need to figure out if I can transfer the delta miles to my delta account somehow or just have him purchase the ticket.

He can transfer them to you

http://www.delta.com/buygftxfer/displayTransferMiles.action

Thank you good sir.

Much better idea if he buys you the ticket!

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO TRANSFER MILES?

The rate per mile is $0.01 and the processing fee per transaction is $30.00. Applicable taxes apply.

Message 54 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaraico wrote:

So i know the website explicitly states that the 5% does not pertain to walmart, but so does my amex cash but....if i go to a neighborhood walmart my amex card allows me to receive the extra cash back in the supermarket category.

Does anyone know if this trick works on the freedom as well?

Thank you

Getting back to the OP's above question, I tried my Freedom at Walmart the other day (bought $25 worth of strictly groceries), and I only received 1%. Smiley Sad This is the same Walmart where I receive the 2% grocery bonus on my BoA 123 card. Oh well.

On another note, Discover IT does seem to give 5% back on gas bought at Sam's Club, so that's good news.

Message 55 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaraico wrote:

So i know the website explicitly states that the 5% does not pertain to walmart, but so does my amex cash but....if i go to a neighborhood walmart my amex card allows me to receive the extra cash back in the supermarket category.

Thank youlude 

Getting back to the OP's above question, I tried my Freedom at Walmart the other day (bought $25 worth of strictly groceries), and I only received 1%. Smiley Sad This is the same Walmart where I receive the 2% grocery bonus on my BoA 123 card. Oh well.

On another note, Discover IT does seem to give 5% back on gas bought at Sam's Club, so that's good news.

Same experience for me today. Received only 1%, although the Walmart Express I went to had a supermarket Mcc code. It seems chase managed to successfully exclude it. Although I've heard that stores with an mcc code of "convenience store" get the 5%

Message 56 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaraico wrote:

Thank you

When it said it excludes WM and Target, they meant it.

Message 57 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaraico wrote:

Thank you

I am going to see if they really meant it with target as well. I did an rb load on my freedom to test it out . Its probably going to stay pending for next couple of days. 

Message 58 of 90
hiro905
Valued Member

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaraico wrote:

Thank you

I am going to see if they really meant it with target as well. I did an rb load on my freedom to test it out . Its probably going to stay pending for next couple of days. 

Already tried it, didn't count as grocery.  

Message 59 of 90
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@hiro905 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaraico wrote:

Thank you

Already tried it, didn't count as grocery.  

boo oh well guess i will have to goto supermarket to max out my 5% quarter. 

Message 60 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.