cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freedom visa to freedom visa signature (and a question)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

freedom visa to freedom visa signature (and a question)

that was easy. made request over secure message center.

received call. how much do you make? mortgage/rent is how much? approved! 3-5 business days.

so the question is:

if i request a product change for my chase slate to a csp (and it gets approved), do i lose out on the spend-range bonus (40,000pts after $3000)?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: freedom visa to freedom visa signature (and a question)

@Anonymous wrote:

that was easy. made request over secure message center.

received call. how much do you make? mortgage/rent is how much? approved! 3-5 business days.

so the question is:

if i request a product change for my chase slate to a csp (and it gets approved), do i lose out on the spend-range bonus (40,000pts afteCongrats

Congrats! How long did the entire process take? I.e. from the time you made the request, how long before you received a phone call and subsequent approval? I ask because I just submitted a request this morning...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 24
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

so the question is:

if i request a product change for my chase slate to a csp (and it gets approved), do i lose out on the spend-range bonus (40,000pts after $3000)?

Yes.

Message 3 of 24
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

What was your CL before the request? Did they have to HP you to PC?

CONGRATS!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

sent the message monday. got the call this morning.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

no on the hard pull. credit limit was at $6000.

damn, i guess ill have to keep my slate as is for the aaoa (oldest card, from 2005)

Message 6 of 24
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Great, thanks!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If you want to close your slate and open up a csp your slate will still report for 10 years. Just personal preference if youd rather have one or the other, or both.
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

it averages into aaoa?

most of my cards are from 2011-2012

the slate was the one i had open in 2005. i had 2 slates at one point because a wamu card turned into a slate, and i foolishly closed it last year without realizing that the age of the card would help my aaoa.

Message 9 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah. It will count in your aaoa for 10 years. The only issues with closing cards is really util.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.