Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fun just to check

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

fun just to check

Am I the only person that checks for fun.

Although I am solidly in the garden sometimes I will click things just to see what appears.

So I bank at BOA and every now and then will click the offers for you button.  Until today I always got "we don't any any but you can apply for"  messages BUT today the "Bank Americard Cash Rewards" card poped up.  YAAA NO not applying but I am curious what may have changed.

So i thought ok lets go see what creditcard.com came up with.  no more credit one or whatever and this time the cap one venture did pop up.  So something has changed on my CR guess Ill find it out in a few weeks.  I don't use SW cause I want full reports each month.  Once my CR is clean i will change to SW and only do reports sporatically.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: fun just to check

No you're not alone but stay strong 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Am I the only person that checks for fun.

Although I am solidly in the garden sometimes I will click things just to see what appears.

So I bank at BOA and every now and then will click the offers for you button.  Until today I always got "we don't any any but you can apply for"  messages BUT today the "Bank Americard Cash Rewards" card poped up.  YAAA NO not applying but I am curious what may have changed.

So i thought ok lets go see what creditcard.com came up with.  no more credit one or whatever and this time the cap one venture did pop up.  So something has changed on my CR guess Ill find it out in a few weeks.  I don't use SW cause I want full reports each month.  Once my CR is clean i will change to SW and only do reports sporatically.

No apping!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

HAHAHA no I didn't app.  More like window shopping. 

Like a little kid with hands and nose pressed to the glass staring wantingly at the toy I want for christmas. 

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 5
vish1
Valued Contributor

For the first time, I also checked my special offers after reading this thread. I am offered Travel Rewards Business Visa card with $100 statement credit.

I already have BofA cash rewards visa siggy and Virgin Atlantic Amex. Not getting this one.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.