Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

future AMEX 3x CLI

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

future AMEX 3x CLI

Hello, I did my first 3x AMEX CLI a few weeks ago  $10,000 to $30,000 instant online. I opened this card ~61 days ago solely to do a legit AMEX 3x CLI.

Now its my highest credit limit. In 181 days I will be eligible for another 3x CLI, will they give me $90,000 ?

take your bets: here is my profile

I report $120,000/yr to lenders, and I currently have $122,000 of total credit available. All from credit cards. Very low utilization, about 5% right now, max has ever been 10% or 12%

This is salary + contracting, so I don't know exactly how much more over that I will make, it can be A LOT MORE or exactly that. I don't ever mention "independent contracting" of course, just tell them thats my total salary and what my profession is.

in 6 months with another 3x CLI on the AMEX I will then have $182,000 of credit available.

Would AMEX approve this while reporting $120,000 annual income, or should I report a higher number, and if so, what number? I'll make sure to actually earn that amount so don't worry about how outlandish it sounds. In theory, I have two six-figure salaries, but I have only had the second salary for a few months.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: future AMEX 3x CLI

Given that you were approved for a 10k starting limit and the cli, you would seem to have a solid credit history decent AAoA, and no baddies and sizeable credit file its possible they may approve it or they may counter you with a lower amount which is likely since 90k CL and a 120k of income seems risky to the creditor, but you will have to make your request with a CSR, online and automated phone system stop at an initial CL of 25k, and you should be prepared to send in income records and possibly submit a form that gives AMEX access to your last couple year of tax returns. Even if they approve it, expect them to SP you for quite a while and if they don't like anything they may CLD you.  So it really comes down to is the big CL worth all the extra scurtiny on your credit and into your personal life. It may be a revolver but AMEX has strong roots in Charge cards so they really don't like you to carry a balance for long,  its a pretty number but you really can't use much without drawing negative attention to your account.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Re: future AMEX 3x CLI

@jamesdwi wrote:

Given that you were approved for a 10k starting limit and the cli, you would seem to have a solid credit history decent AAoA, and no baddies and sizeable credit file its possible they may approve it or they may counter you with a lower amount which is likely since 90k CL and a 120k of income seems risky to the creditor, but you will have to make your request with a CSR, online and automated phone system stop at an initial CL of 25k, and you should be prepared to send in income records and possibly submit a form that gives AMEX access to your last couple year of tax returns. Even if they approve it, expect them to SP you for quite a while and if they don't like anything they may CLD you.  So it really comes down to is the big CL worth all the extra scurtiny on your credit and into your personal life. It may be a revolver but AMEX has strong roots in Charge cards so they really don't like you to carry a balance for long,  its a pretty number but you really can't use much without drawing negative attention to your account.

haha thanks for this

after my initial goal of getting $100k in credit limits, the rest are just pretty numbers. I do have a pretty intricate flowchart of goals though.

I would like to see if anyone else has experience with large AMEX credit limits. I feel like these are statistical outliers and I want to know how AMEX really behaves.

My previous year income statements will be paultry fractions of this year's though

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.