Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting Cap one to report quickly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

getting Cap one to report quickly?

I just applied for my first credit card ever - Cap one Journey ($300 limit).  I have been told that if I make a small purchase when I receive it and pay like the next day via Moneygram that it will report to the credit bureau faster.  Then the next step would be to apply for a Kohl's card after it reports.  Is this true?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for a newbie just starting out?  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ACG23
Regular Contributor

Re: getting Cap one to report quickly?

Welcome!

When I got a major Capital One CLI, I tried every trick in the book to get them to "report" the updated limit ASAP, so I could apply for other cards. I called them, emailed them, did the chat thing, changed my address to reflect correct information (they had my address slightly wrong)... everything. 

Nothing worked. 

If you get the right person at their credit analyst department, they MIGHT report you ahead of cycle. But otherwise I think you have to wait for a few days after the first statement date, when the card would normally report. 

Sorry I can't provide any better tips. CapOne's customer support is excellent, especially through their social@ address. But they're a bit inflexible on this. 

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
sean23
Valued Member

Re: getting Cap one to report quickly?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for my first credit card ever - Cap one Journey ($300 limit).  I have been told that if I make a small purchase when I receive it and pay like the next day via Moneygram that it will report to the credit bureau faster.  Then the next step would be to apply for a Kohl's card after it reports.  Is this true?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for a newbie just starting out?  Thank you!

My first Capital One card was opened in January, and it didnt first report until March. I made charges and paid multiple times through out each month. Just FYI.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.