horse

getting my score up

does it matter if i pay off my credit card  early like if  i have 300 hundred  dollars credit  and i  spend 150 could i pay it back that next week i should i wait  intil the bill come at the end of month for my score to go up?
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: getting my score up

If you want your CC to report a $0 balance, you need to make sure you have a $0 balance showing on the CC typically right before (1-2 days) the statement date. There are CCs like HSBC/Orchard that are exceptions to that rule.
Established Contributor
jbh

What are the exceptions for Orchard Bank?

Thanks
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

jbh wrote:

Thanks

They report your CC balance that was with them on the last business day of the month and report that typically a week or two after that. YMMV. I have an Orchard and they haven't reported every month for myself.
Senior Contributor
Wonderin

llecs wrote:

jbh wrote:

Thanks

They report your CC balance that was with them on the last business day of the month and report that typically a week or two after that. YMMV. I have an Orchard and they haven't reported every month for myself.

So, to have Orchard report a $0 balance, pay a few days before the last day of the month?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

[ Edited ]

Wonderin wrote:

llecs wrote:

jbh wrote:

Thanks

So, to have Orchard report a $0 balance, pay a few days before the last day of the month?

Yes.  Although my experience with Orchard has been different than llecs'.  They do report the balance as of the last business day of the month, but for me they actually report on that date, as well, not a week or two later.

Moving this thread to Credit Cards Forum, since it really is all about CCs.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-27-2008 04:12 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}