Re: getting rid of my CC debt !

Thanks!

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Kudos to you.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear! having balances suck i want all my accounts atleast 7 of them to report 0 dollars and hide my cards and use them for the basics.. gas groceries etc..

@chalupaman wrote:

Good luck dude! I'm currently getting my debt down as well and having less balances on my cards across the board.

Message 13 of 20
TruBlu
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice work on paying it down. Should definitely see a rebound pretty quick. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of YouTube videos do you make?

i do car videos tech videos explaining how to use apps, unboxing cases and things like that. its very far from perfect but it manages to generate some money. if you want to check it out i have 2 channels zapingosays and marlonbishop (second one is mainly spanish)

Nice! I thought those YouTube videos were all instructional/recreational! I'm glad folks can make ash with those. Damn this forum teaches me new stuff everyday! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats fantastic!! I have been doing the same myself for a year and am looking to knock it out this coming year. Its so nice to finally be earning 60k annually after earning 32k  and 42k in 2012 and 2013 respectively. Looking forward to becoming debt free!

Message 15 of 20
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bdhu2001 wrote:

Paying down to 0 on 5 cards will definitely have a positive impact on your score.  Is there a reason you need your score to go back up right away? Utilization has no memory so all things being equal your score will recover as soon as you're back to previous utilization.  

i pay for my own school since i cant get financial aid due to a money market account which is money parents gave to me but i dont want to touch it. and because it stresses me to owe money 

Awesome. There are two schools to paying off debt: highest interest or lowest balance. I have employed both methods, but the one that worked for me was lowest balance which is called snowball. When using snowball, I add a caveat.  Pay the amount in your snowball budget plus the full amount of anything you charge along the way. Look up snowball if you aren't already employing it or grab a smart phone app if you have a smart phone. I have an app called Debt Free.  I've have other apps also, but that's the one that worked best for me.

Anyway, I used it to put together a budget to pay off my first home and all credit.  I was on track until I purchased a new home to be closer to my adult kids.  It absolutely works and commend your efforts. Once you have the cards paid off.  Choose one to two cards for purchases. I only make purchases for funds that I have in my account and pay off the charge as soon as it hits my bill or by due date. Right now I'm playing the simulator game so I make sure that all cards except one reflect a zero balance.

In March I'll have to decide how quickly I want to pay off my new house.  I'm paying extra, but not making a commitment until March.

Again awesome job and I salute your attitude.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advice. the only app im using is mint bills. but i will look into that ! thanks for the advice!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to hear!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats nice!

Message 19 of 20
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the advice. the only app im using is mint bills. but i will look into that ! thanks for the advice!

I love Mint!  It's the first thing I log into each morning to verify my bank balances and charges.  It's nice to have one sight to see all your transactions. Utilizing the goals section to pay bills is very nice, because it takes whatever your current balance is on your debts and moves forward.  However, it show all future payments, etc.  On Debt Free, I'm able to do "what if" scenarios and export them into my excel spread sheet.

When you're paying off a house, it takes years and it's good to compare all Debts from year to year to see your real progress.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.