Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going frome Capital One Rewards Card to Quicksilver

tag
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

Re: going frome Capital One Rewards Card to Quicksilver

you wouldn't have to pay the annual fee the first year and you could always get it waived after that until you upgrade. i had my QS1 and took 2 years to upgrade it to the one w/out the annual fee.

Message 11 of 15
Bandit5160
Contributor

I called and talked to them and they still would only offer me the Quicksilver One.  I decided to just take it.  I will call to cancel when me annual fee is near due.  I'll bet then they'll either upgrade me or just waive the fee.  I recently called to close a card from Credit One because of the fees and they waived the fees for the rest of the year.  Capital One will probably do the same.  If not, I'll just drop them...it'll be worth the slight credit score hit to avoid that fee.

Wells Fargo Active Cash (3K), Chase Amazon Prime Visa (5.6K), Discover It (18K), Chase Freedom Flex (5.7K), Capital One Quicksilver (6.75K), Apple Credit Card (6.5K), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (7.5K), Capital One Savor (5K), Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi (9K), Citi Double Cash MC (6K), Wells Fargo Propel AMEX (5K), Amazon Store Card (5K), Exxon Mobil Card (1.2K), Citi Best Buy Visa (6K), Shell Fuel Rewards MasterCard (4.2K), Bank Of America Cash Rewards MasterCard (8K), PayPal Credit (5K), Target RedCard (1.6K), FNBO BP Visa (5K), Synchrony MasterCard (7K), Fifth Third Bank Trio Mastercard (6.5K), Comenity King Size Card (1K), Wells Fargo Hotels.Com Rewards Visa (8.4K), Verizon Visa (5.5K), EBay MC (6.3K), Comenity Caesars Rewards Visa (5K). Sam’s Club MC (1.5K), My Walgreens MC (5K), Sony Card Visa (6.9K), My Chevrolet Rewards MC (9K), Wells Fargo Bilt MC (18K), AAA Cashback Rewards Visa (2K)

EQ 764 TU 772 EX 781
Message 12 of 15
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

@Bandit5160 wrote:

I called and talked to them and they still would only offer me the Quicksilver One.  I decided to just take it.  I will call to cancel when me annual fee is near due.  I'll bet then they'll either upgrade me or just waive the fee.  I recently called to close a card from Credit One because of the fees and they waived the fees for the rest of the year.  Capital One will probably do the same.  If not, I'll just drop them...it'll be worth the slight credit score hit to avoid that fee.

they waived my fee the first time it rolled around. I forgot about the 2nd one and when i tried to get it waived they weren't able to but did lower my APR for 6 months. i just did the online chat every couple of months after my year about an upgrade until it did.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went straight from unsecured Platinum to no-AF Quicksilver by going through the upgrade-eligibility check page (I forget the link but it's elsewhere in this forum). Have you tried that link yet? If you have and you don't see an offer for a Quicksilver (not QS One), contact Cap One directly.

I've only had the Platinum for 5 months and also went straight to the Quicksilver, no annual fee, using the upgrade link.

Message 14 of 15
Bandit5160
Contributor

I just got upgraded from the Quicksilver One to the Quicksilver today!  I just checked for an upgrade online and there it was!  I gladly took it.  Capital One also recently increased my credit limit by $1000(from 2750 to 3750) for this account.  I am excited to by thought of as a good customer now when I used to be so horrible with credit in my younger days.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went straight from unsecured Platinum to no-AF Quicksilver by going through the upgrade-eligibility check page (I forget the link but it's elsewhere in this forum). Have you tried that link yet? If you have and you don't see an offer for a Quicksilver (not QS One), contact Cap One directly.

I've only had the Platinum for 5 months and also went straight to the Quicksilver, no annual fee, using the upgrade

Wells Fargo Active Cash (3K), Chase Amazon Prime Visa (5.6K), Discover It (18K), Chase Freedom Flex (5.7K), Capital One Quicksilver (6.75K), Apple Credit Card (6.5K), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (7.5K), Capital One Savor (5K), Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi (9K), Citi Double Cash MC (6K), Wells Fargo Propel AMEX (5K), Amazon Store Card (5K), Exxon Mobil Card (1.2K), Citi Best Buy Visa (6K), Shell Fuel Rewards MasterCard (4.2K), Bank Of America Cash Rewards MasterCard (8K), PayPal Credit (5K), Target RedCard (1.6K), FNBO BP Visa (5K), Synchrony MasterCard (7K), Fifth Third Bank Trio Mastercard (6.5K), Comenity King Size Card (1K), Wells Fargo Hotels.Com Rewards Visa (8.4K), Verizon Visa (5.5K), EBay MC (6.3K), Comenity Caesars Rewards Visa (5K). Sam’s Club MC (1.5K), My Walgreens MC (5K), Sony Card Visa (6.9K), My Chevrolet Rewards MC (9K), Wells Fargo Bilt MC (18K), AAA Cashback Rewards Visa (2K)

EQ 764 TU 772 EX 781
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.