Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going to boa branch

tag
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

going to boa branch

My gf has boa checking account so we are going to see if she can get a cc thru them. First we are going to talk to customer service st branch. What should we ask? Thanks
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
dude11
Regular Contributor

Re: going to boa branch

What kind of card are you looking for? Do you both plan on being on the CC? What are your FICO scores if you happen to know them? Any negatives in her and your credit reports?

Message 2 of 22
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Cough.  Please don't randomly apply for cards unless you think you have good chance to get.  As such can you tell us about her credit profile and score.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 22
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I applied for my BoA card at the branch, but only because I couldn't put an APO address in the online application.  Even at the branch, however, they made me use a stateside address since they won't mail to APO.  Then the branch rep approved me for the wrong card and I had to do a product change (over the phone while sitting in front of the branch rep at her desk).  If I had to do it again, I would surely just do it online and give a stateside address.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@netsfan549 wrote:
My gf has boa checking account so we are going to see if she can get a cc thru them. First we are going to talk to customer service st branch. What should we ask? Thanks

If she is a student, I would suggest to go for one of their student cards (typically easier to get). If not, depending on her accounts with BOA, there is the basic BankAmericard or their cash back card. A branch manager could look at her account status and give a general idea on which card she might be able to apply for. She may even have to do a secured card. Either way, just ask to speak to someone about opening up a credit card and someone should be able to assist you. She could also apply online if she has online banking. But, speaking to someone in person could probably point her in the right direction.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

Cough.  Please don't randomly apply for cards unless you think you have good chance to get.  As such can you tell us about her credit profile and score.

Based on a previous thread, she has nothing what-so-ever on her credit report.

Message 6 of 22
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

She keeps getting letters thru mail saying you have been pre approved for a,student cc
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@netsfan549 wrote:
She keeps getting letters thru mail saying you have been pre approved for a,student cc

But is she a student? She will need to provide some form of edvidence (school information) she is a student somewhere to get the card. If she is, and she has been pre-approved, I would say that is a good place to start.

Message 8 of 22
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@jd5189 im not sure about that. I applied for their student plat in 09 when i was 18 and didnt need to show anything saying i was a student.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsickz32 wrote:
@Anonymous im not sure about that. I applied for their student plat in 09 when i was 18 and didnt need to show anything saying i was a student.

The online application for the student card asks for a plethora of student information. So, it looks like student verification is necessary in this case.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.