Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going to boa branch

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: going to boa branch

@jd5189.
I applied at the branch...i was out of high school already.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 11 of 22
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
@Anonymous.

thought student cards were referring to college students

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 22
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@j-casteel
Lol i dont know but i still have the card. And when my card expired earlier this year they called me and ask for all my info again to send me new card. They asked me if i was still a student, i said no but they sent me a new card anyways.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@j_casteel wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
@Anonymous.

thought student cards were referring to college students

I thought the same thing j_casteel. But, like I mentioned previously, that was in 2009. The CARD act has changed much in terms of students and credit cards. But, back to the OP's issue, my guess is since your gf's credit report has nothing in it, she is probably not a student unless she paid for her education in all cash. Which is do-able, and if she did, I imagine she has a bank account somewhere that would net her a fairly decent card Smiley Happy. Just talk with a branch manager (or someone who offers credit cards) at the BoA branch and let us know how things go!

Message 14 of 22
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

I just came back from boa. The lady right away offered her 1,2,3 credit card. I thought it was fishy especially when she doesn't have a credit history. I told her she doesn't gave a credit history. I asked her about student cc she totally ignored my question. What are chances she gets accepted for 1,2,3. I told her she should get student one
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@netsfan549 wrote:
I just came back from boa. The lady right away offered her 1,2,3 credit card. I thought it was fishy especially when she doesn't have a credit history. I told her she doesn't gave a credit history. I asked her about student cc she totally ignored my question. What are chances she gets accepted for 1,2,3. I told her she should get student one

Did they take a chance and look at her account? Or did she just randomly throw the 1,2,3 card in the works without taking the time to look over her account history. I believe the 1,2,3 is their cash rewards card. It is rated for people with Fair to Excellent credit. Since she has an established account, my guess is she might have a chance of approval and that is why the lady recommended it.

Message 16 of 22
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

She offered it right away without looking at her account history. She's thinking about getting discover student. Yes or no?
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@netsfan549 wrote:
She offered it right away without looking at her account history. She's thinking about getting discover student. Yes or no?

I still havn't seen you say whether or not she is an actual student or not. I tried app'ing Discover for my wife who had no credit history other than being an AU on my amex cards with Discover. I filled out the pre-approval and it said "Congrats you're pre-approved for the following: Discover More" I app'd and she got declined. Maybe the Discover Student is a little more lenient, but I could not imagine it being much more lenient.

Message 18 of 22
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Yeah this is her first semester
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then she would qualify for a student card if she has income. Being her lack of history, I would recommend the student card she has been getting pre-approvals for. The 1-2-3 is a cash rewards card (which is nice to get cash back) but the underwriting criteria might be a bit more stringent. She can do the student application online through BoA's website.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.