Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gonna put 45k on a credit card!

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

gonna put 45k on a credit card!

Ive been working with a dealership to buy another truck for our company and they will take a credit card for a truck in full. No extra fees. I called chase today and told them that its going to hit our palliadum card or ink card, witch ever come out to the best rewards. Got a letter saying take advantage of a 15 month 0% single purchase promo so here it goes! lol, figured id get a rise out of the board with this one. I think its a win win situation

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: gonna put 45k on a credit card!

Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 31
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Go for it. The most I've ever done was an $11k heating/air conditioning system. Boy the vendor argued with us. I'm sure they were afraid we could dispute or something. We explained that we simply wanted the 11,000 airline miles. It went fine and we paid it off before the statement cycled.

Message 3 of 31
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Jazzzy wrote:

Go for it. The most I've ever done was an $11k heating/air conditioning system. Boy the vendor argued with us. I'm sure they were afraid we could dispute or something. We explained that we simply wanted the 11,000 airline miles. It went fine and we paid it off before the statement cycled.

Go for it dude... I joked with my dealership about charging my new volvo on the credit card just in case we had issues with the NFCU dealer draft.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 31
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow, that can add up to a bit of rewards!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Sounds good to me.

A no interest loan and rewards. Sounds like a win win!

As long as the $3+k per month car payment isn't a problem.

Do you need a CLI on the card first?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

if your palladium is at 25k, doesn't that mean you need to pay off 20k in one month? and then 25k with 0% for 15 months?

Message 7 of 31
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if your palladium is at 25k, doesn't that mean you need to pay off 20k in one month? and then 25k with 0% for 15 months?

I havent heard this one before on the Palladium. I thought they worked like a regular card with a minimum payment monthly?

Message 8 of 31
mrcrush20
New Contributor

hahah good for you Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 31
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I have thought of this multiple times with a credit card with zero interest. If you cannot pay it off before the 15 months you could always balance transfer to a new card too.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.