Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gonna put 45k on a credit card!

tag
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: gonna put 45k on a credit card!

I put the down payment for my car on my Discover.  The dealer didn't make a peep and I got cash back.  In hindsight, I should have put even more on the card at 0% and taken out a smaller loan.

Message 11 of 31
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if your palladium is at 25k, doesn't that mean you need to pay off 20k in one month? and then 25k with 0% for 15 months?

A Palladium card's flexible spending limit is 300% the credit limit, he can charge $75,000

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 31
swpopham
Established Contributor

We are going to use the ink card. Its a business expense and I dont want to take the chance of mixing business and personal together. I talked to our CPA, and chase. They both agree that it would be better to seperate. I was just going to use that purchase to up our PD limit but the CPC banker said dont worry they factor your other chase accounts in to everything. I was joking to the wife to bad car dealerships or service work didnt fall on a 5% category but they are capped anyways

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 13 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The flexible spend limit is the NPSL option that comes with a visa siggy (or world mc), usually anything over your limit must be PIF by the due date.
Message 14 of 31
HiLine
Blogger

Any idea for the reason the car dealership didn't charge you an extra 2% or so for credit card fees? It's a huge chunk of their profits that's being shaved off. Does their car dealership have a special deal with credit card companies or something? It's OK if you didn't ask, just wondering...

Message 15 of 31
swpopham
Established Contributor

Didn't ask about special deals they had for processing. I found the 2013 tundra crew max platinum 4x4 non flex fuel. That ive been looking at. When he asked about financing, i said im not worried about that, i can write a check or use a CC. He looked and said it will work for that???? Said yep it better or we will have problems. Just webt back and used ink. No problems signed the paperwork and as i left i get a text from chase saying a large purchase for 45,467 just processed reply with 1 if you did this or authorized it or 2 to decline
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 16 of 31
firesoul453
Contributor

Thats awesome! I wish I could do that!

Does the Pallaidum even offer cash back though?

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 17 of 31
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
Didn't ask about special deals they had for processing. I found the 2013 tundra crew max platinum 4x4 non flex fuel. That ive been looking at. When he asked about financing, i said im not worried about that, i can write a check or use a CC. He looked and said it will work for that???? Said yep it better or we will have problems. Just webt back and used ink. No problems signed the paperwork and as i left i get a text from chase saying a large purchase for 45,467 just processed reply with 1 if you did this or authorized it or 2 to decline

Really nice. Text 1 and we approve 45k for your car.

Have fun with you new car/truck.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 18 of 31
swpopham
Established Contributor

Yes the pd earns points just like the select. Its a business expense had nothing to do about my credit. We all know my wife kills me score wise

Message 19 of 31
mrcrush20
New Contributor

I am sure the dealership is making what they consider to be fair enough and still cover the 2 %... In reality you may be shooting your self in the foot for the rewards... By paying more then for the truck to cover the 2%..

I have would consider a good deal, invoice(dealer flooring amount) - rebates( public incentives) - hold back(dealer incentives)- retro bonus (factory bonus kick back to dealer).. And then if you are being allowed to charge the amount to a card at that time WOW.

The way I see this is robbing Pater to pay Paul

What ever the case, you must like the deal and truck to be buying it so MY opinion does not matter

CONGRATS that's a BAD A** truck and I am very jealous 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.