Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good credit need more cards please advise

tag
r1lukasz
New Contributor

good credit need more cards please advise

Hello I just close on my first home yesterday! Will like to open  more cards  please advise  what will be the best fit for me , looking for high credit line ,low apr with with no annual fees ,

I currently have capital one 3000 limit 0 balance  and citi platinum select 2400 limit with 0 balance , my transunion fico score is 775

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: good credit need more cards please advise

@r1lukasz wrote:

Hello I just close on my first home yesterday! Will like to open  more cards  please advise  what will be the best fit for me , looking for high credit line ,low apr with with no annual fees ,

I currently have capital one 3000 limit 0 balance  and citi platinum select 2400 limit with 0 balance , my transunion fico score is 775

Hello r1lukasz!  Congrats on your new home!   Smiley Happy

that's a great FICO!  With a score like that, you should have no problem getting good cards.  The issue will be the starting limit.  Some lenders prefer that you have some expereince with +5K limits.  Tell us what types of reward structure your looking for and maybe some can advise.  How long have you had your current unsecured cards?  First cards that come to mind are:  Amex BCE/BCP- ( if you get a sub 5K limit to start, it will likely grow fast). Chase Freedom- Discover More- mind you - all the cards listed will have a higher APR because they are rewards cards.  If you don't care about rewards, then I strongly recommend a CU card.  They will likely give you a very good limit and the lowest of any APRs.  My CU card's highest APR is 9.65% with a 25K limit and the next is 8.99% with a 10K limit.  Gotta love CUs.   

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 20
Tictoctech
Valued Member

You should join NFCU if you can. An score that high would get you an Vise Sig card with them probably in $ 20,000!

Message 3 of 20
r1lukasz
New Contributor

thx , I don't care about rewards just will be nice to have more cards with bigger credit limits and low apr , capital one is 18% 5 years ,citi is 11 months with 0% till June 2013 after that 12% , Its ok if they start me low with CL with future increase not like Cap1 they absolutely refuse to increase my limit . So was thinking about Amex but witch one ?

NFCU visa signature  looks good but its not 49$ annual fee , how about Platinum?

Message 4 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I really see no point in getting the Navy Signature and paying the annual fee to save 2% possibly....

We have Visa Cash and it was recently converted over to a Signature Card and it's 10.65% - 1% for the first $10k in charges a year then 1.5% for any charges over $10k for the remainder of the year.

Message 5 of 20
r1lukasz
New Contributor

opps its not for me

"Credit cards through Navy Federal Credit Union make it easier than ever for those who serve in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and DoD to use"

Message 6 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

Have you checked out US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Card?

Ron.

Message 7 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

Looks like PenFed promise offers the lowest APR right now: 9.99%

With your credit scores, you're guaranteed a high limit, so I wouldn't worry about this. 

Message 8 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Looks like PenFed promise offers the lowest APR right now: 9.99%

With your credit scores, you're guaranteed a high limit, so I wouldn't worry about this. 

9.99% is definitely not the lowest available APR.

Message 9 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Chase slate and fidelity amex are solid options.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.