New Contributor
r1lukasz

good credit need more cards please advise

[ Edited ]

Hello I just close on my first home yesterday! Will like to open  more cards  please advise  what will be the best fit for me , looking for high credit line ,low apr with with no annual fees ,

I currently have capital one 3000 limit 0 balance  and citi platinum select 2400 limit with 0 balance , my transunion fico score is 775

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

Re: good credit need more cards please advise

[ Edited ]

r1lukasz wrote:

Hello I just close on my first home yesterday! Will like to open  more cards  please advise  what will be the best fit for me , looking for high credit line ,low apr with with no annual fees ,

I currently have capital one 3000 limit 0 balance  and citi platinum select 2400 limit with 0 balance , my transunion fico score is 775

Hello r1lukasz!  Congrats on your new home!   :smileyhappy:

that's a great FICO!  With a score like that, you should have no problem getting good cards.  The issue will be the starting limit.  Some lenders prefer that you have some expereince with +5K limits.  Tell us what types of reward structure your looking for and maybe some can advise.  How long have you had your current unsecured cards?  First cards that come to mind are:  Amex BCE/BCP- ( if you get a sub 5K limit to start, it will likely grow fast). Chase Freedom- Discover More- mind you - all the cards listed will have a higher APR because they are rewards cards.  If you don't care about rewards, then I strongly recommend a CU card.  They will likely give you a very good limit and the lowest of any APRs.  My CU card's highest APR is 9.65% with a 25K limit and the next is 8.99% with a 10K limit.  Gotta love CUs.   

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Established Member
Tictoctech

You should join NFCU if you can. An score that high would get you an Vise Sig card with them probably in $ 20,000!
New Contributor
r1lukasz

thx , I don't care about rewards just will be nice to have more cards with bigger credit limits and low apr , capital one is 18% 5 years ,citi is 11 months with 0% till June 2013 after that 12% , Its ok if they start me low with CL with future increase not like Cap1 they absolutely refuse to increase my limit . So was thinking about Amex but witch one ?

NFCU visa signature  looks good but its not 49$ annual fee , how about Platinum?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

I really see no point in getting the Navy Signature and paying the annual fee to save 2% possibly....

We have Visa Cash and it was recently converted over to a Signature Card and it's 10.65% - 1% for the first $10k in charges a year then 1.5% for any charges over $10k for the remainder of the year.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
New Contributor
r1lukasz

opps its not for me

"Credit cards through Navy Federal Credit Union make it easier than ever for those who serve in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and DoD to use"

Super Contributor
Ron1

Have you checked out US Bank Cash + Visa Signature Card?

Ron.

Blogger
HiLine

Looks like PenFed promise offers the lowest APR right now: 9.99%

With your credit scores, you're guaranteed a high limit, so I wouldn't worry about this. 

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

HiLine wrote:

Looks like PenFed promise offers the lowest APR right now: 9.99%

With your credit scores, you're guaranteed a high limit, so I wouldn't worry about this. 

9.99% is definitely not the lowest available APR.

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Chase slate and fidelity amex are solid options.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}