Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good day all around, app and cli

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

good day all around, app and cli

well after 18 months of gardening, hard work and paying down almost all of my card, I decided to strike out and get some cli and possibly a new account or two. 

My first attempt was to 3x cli my amex blue cash whch has been a sore spot. I figured this time I was ripe for the taking...nope.... not one to turn away from a challenge I tured my attention to my three GE accounts (wally disc, paypal mc and brandsource card)  Those three brought me a combined 11,000 in extra credit !!!!! 

Feeling frisky, I applied for a chase sapphire (already have a freedom at 5k) and boom another 5k. Then to add to my GE portfolio, I hit a lowes app and boom. $4000 cl.

At this stage, I am ready to go back into hibernation until late fall when a bunch of my inq from two years all officially fall off the same month. Then wash, rinse, repeat Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: good day all around, app and cli

@aleicgrant wrote:

well after 18 months of gardening, hard work and paying down almost all of my card, I decided to strike out and get some cli and possibly a new account or two. 

My first attempt was to 3x cli my amex blue cash whch has been a sore spot. I figured this time I was ripe for the taking...nope.... not one to turn away from a challenge I tured my attention to my three GE accounts (wally disc, paypal mc and brandsource card)  Those three brought me a combined 11,000 in extra credit !!!!! 

Feeling frisky, I applied for a chase sapphire (already have a freedom at 5k) and boom another 5k. Then to add to my GE portfolio, I hit a lowes app and boom. $4000 cl.

At this stage, I am ready to go back into hibernation until late fall when a bunch of my inq from two years all officially fall off the same month. Then wash, rinse, repeat Smiley Happy

Congrats very well done 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! There are snacks and drinks and fun people in the garden! See you there.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
I'm in the garden too haha 😌😃
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your successful spree. See ya in the garden...I'll be there till Fall too!
Message 5 of 9
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the garden!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aleicgrant wrote:

WTG on your successful garden time, and CONGRATS on your approvals!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 9
annebythesea
New Contributor

I am so impressed how many months you gardened. Seemed like it paid off. Congrats!!!

Starting Score: MyFico EQ 694 (3/2013)
Current Score: MyFico EQ 707 (4/1/2013), EX 734 (4/12/2013 - AMEX pull)
Goal Score: 740+, gardening since: 5/17/13

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.