Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good low apr high limit card

tag
chally
Regular Contributor

Re: good low apr high limit card

It's going to be difficult getting the limits you want as your highest currently is only CSP 5k.

You could take your BCE @3.5k, apply online for 3X your limit increasing to 11.5 total. Wait for that to report at CB, then app for DCU Visa Platinum 8.75% or PenFed, although that's jumped to 10.24% recently it seems. With your scores you ought to get a good rate.

Nice thing with PenFed is a single hard pull is used to open an account, apply for Visa Promise, and anything else you might need as is good for 90 days. DCU will be separate HP for each. Both lenders use Equifax..

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah.. but keep in mind NFCU will likely give a way higher SL. they like to be the highest based on my experience and what i see on here.
Message 12 of 21
chally
Regular Contributor

NFCU is great if they meet membership requirements...

Message 13 of 21
zerbherb
Established Contributor

I tweeted them it doesn't count for membership. Penfed it is.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm. that's odd. i got in from my grandfather.. just as distant as a cousin to me lol
Message 15 of 21
chally
Regular Contributor

Grandfather might be enlisted military, but if he wasn't or isn't  an NFCU member, no dice. That was my conversation with them a few months back regarding this point.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

meh worked for me and he wasn't alive.
Message 17 of 21
chally
Regular Contributor

don't have to be living, just a former NFCU member was my understanding. Good for you.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

he probably had no idea what NFCU was TBH
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i bet you i can ask his wife (my grandma) what NFCU is and she'd have no earthly idea. they only used BofA and had a local bank too. that's it. maybe because it was in 2012 they were less picky but they didn't even confirm it. didn't even check the name or ask me. i just said grandfather, they ran my credit and said ok. car loan. sure.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.