cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got approved for a BofA secured card.......

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

got approved for a BofA secured card.......

well i think i did. i applied online and gave my checking account info. i didnt want to wait for a response so i called the back door talked with a supervisor who originally told me they sent me a letter denying me. well after talking with her a bit she told me she would cancel the denial and approve the transaction. this was 3 days ago. so the 300 i authorized them hasnt came out of my account. should i just be patient and wait till monday to call back? also for those of you who started out with bofa with a secured card how long have you had it and have you had good outcomes with CLI's? also would it be beneficial for me to open a checking/savings with them?  i currently bank with chase but im just trying to build credit so i can get a cc from chase too

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got approved for a BofA secured card.......

I would call back.. maybe theres something small that still needs to be done. Maybe opening an accuont with them and calling back with that account information would help yes.

Message 2 of 10
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

CLIs will come after your card unsecures, and they should be good. If you'd like to incease your limit while your card is secured, it will require additional deposits and will most likely result in an INQ/hard pull every time. Take care of your card and it should unsecure between 9-12 months.
Message 3 of 10
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

OP can you tell what your credit profile looks like? Scores, baddies, etc. I might have to get a secured BoA cc myself if my report doesn't clear up as quickly as I'm hoping.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA took something like 2 weeks to clear the payment to my card. Might have been 10 days, but it was definitely over a week. It cleared my US Bank account almost immediately, but they kept claiming it was still 'processing' on their end for at least a week afterwards. So.. they're just slow.

By payment, I mean the initial funding for my secured card.

Message 5 of 10
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Mine was relatively quicky, i think my deposit was out the next day.  I use BoA as my primary bank account, so that may have something to do with the quick turn around.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to me that ALL secured credit cards are just plain SLOW -- they're slow to fund, slow to arrive in the mail, slow to report to the credit bureaus -- but, YMMV (your mileage may vary).

Message 7 of 10
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

i have no idea what my score is. i tried pulling one off this site and was told because i dont have any credit history longer than 6 months i cant be offered a score until then. i was also told dont go after fako but i havent been able to do any research. as far as baddies go they are about 4 years old 1700 worth i would say 80 percent is medical bills and there is one cell phone bill and another electricity bill i never paid

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 10
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Mine like reported 2-3 days after applying, fastest card i've had report to date

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Denied !   Your credit card application decision.

Thank you for your application for a Bank of America credit card account. We regret we're unable to approve your request at this time. We will mail you information regarding our decision in the next 7-10 days.

As a result of our decision, any balance transfer requests included with your credit application will not be processed.

Thank you for your interest in our credit card program.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.