Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got denied by Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got denied by Discover

By the way my scores are TU-697 EX 691 EQ 700. I have no coll, 1Judgements F O Jul 2010.a mod mtg in Feb of 2009.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for a Discover card 7 or 8 times over the past 10 years every time denied.  Discover is a hard cookie to crack.

Message 12 of 19
rosa29617
New Contributor

miyasohot,

I'm sorry but that 7-10 day stuff is a cop-out. I have gotten that a lot in the past myself. You are probably denied. sometimes I think they tell us that to keep from having to tell us to our face that we are denied. I hope you did get approved but that phrase, 'you will get a response in 7-10 days' is so familiar.

Message 13 of 19
rosa29617
New Contributor

CORRECTION: sorry, I meant 5-7 days.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not worry about Discover. From what I have learned, if you have good credit, and get denied credit, that particular lender who denied you just doesn't deserve your business! I applied for a Bloomingdale's card and got a CL of $1,000. I applied for Macy's and got a CL of $600. I applied for Target and got DENIED! I called the customer service number and asked if I could appeal that decision, and she said no, that I would just have to reapply. I told her that Target just doesn't deserve my business and that I hope she has a wonderful day answering calls in her cubicle.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I told her that Target just doesn't deserve my business and that I hope she has a wonderful day answering calls in her cubicle.

LOL!

Message 16 of 19
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Throughout the past several years ive applied for Discover on at least 4 separate occasions... each time denied for some silly reason.  most recently, for "sufficient available credit" which is true - about 200k, but none-the-less, denied.  Im done even trying and to be honest, I probably wouldnt use it too much, only for the rebates on gas/food.  good luck though, and as recommended, i would at least recon.
Message 17 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

I woudn't anticipate approval applying for Discover with a maxed out high limit card, just not realistic even before the credit crunch let alone now.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

my score 750+, never denied by any CCC. I am carrying a balance on my Chase card, around 18K (I don't PIF because it offers 0% )My total CL is around $65K plus Citi World Mastercard not reporting a $14K CL.  The reason given by them was that I didn't have a real estate mortgage account and my balance was too high.

just couldn't believe it, it's my first time in my life to get denied by ccc.

Here is my cc portfolio:

Bank of America            $30K/$0 bal.

Chase                           $19.3K/$18K bal.

AMEX Starwood             $10500/$0 bal.

AMEX Blue                    $2.7K/$0 bal.

Citi World MC                $14K/$0 bal.

Home Depot                  $7K/$0 bal.

Auto loan                      $14K bal. (0%)

Message Edited by lovem6 on 02-24-2010 08:45 PM
Message Edited by lovem6 on 02-24-2010 09:11 PM

I applied a year a go and got one with 2k without mortgage acct.  Then they gave me CL of $500, now it is $2.5k CL.

I did not have that much balance on any of my CCs when I applied.  I can see this was an issue.

You have total of 7 ccs and you only carry the balance on one cc.  You may want to carry the balance on at least 2~3 ccs with small balance.

I have total 8 ccs include Amex Blue and Discover More, and 3 ccs will carry the balance between $5 ~ $600 (some times it goes up to around $1k).

My current FACO score is around 800, some below and some above of it. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.