Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got my chase freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

got my chase freedom

Got the chase freedom with 1k limit. I guess I messed up using the card. The first charge was for 200. It went through but not long after that the limit was cut to 500. Not too worried since it will be pif for a hundred or two here and there.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: got my chase freedom

Congrats! Strange...
Message 2 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

That sure sounds strange.  How long after getting the card was it that you made the $200 charge and how much after that was it that they cut your CL?  Not sure that I have ever heard of a CL being cut pretty much right out of the gate.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Definitely strange. Did you charge for something iffy (manufactured spending or gambling or something)? Were you late making a payment? Anything out of the ordinary? It's certainly not standard behavior to do a CDL like that on a new, barely used card, so if you haven't done anything they'd consider alarming, maybe you should call and ask why that happened?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I talked to chase. I know exactly what it is now. One of my accounts im paying on is a chase account. Its closed but almost paid off but not quite. After 90 days the limit will go up. 

Im ok with that since its getting me back in with chase. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.