>1% cash back cards

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: >1% cash back cards

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

I have a personal CC line-up with some nice yielding cards, mostly cash back but i've incorporated potential UR/MR yields along with them.

If anyone would like to take a look: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ON2er71cLLC5yFkvKEdVLbnGSoD-FIqTgw5x39YYtAI/edit?usp=sharing

It's definitely not the "end-all, be-all". I'm constantly updating with new information, and some people enjoy more cash back, while others like playing the points game!

A nice list. 

You've already decided on a new GM car?

Thanks!

Well, I'm definitely in the market for a car now, and likely will be so for the years to come. Even with the recalls going on with GM, I'm looking for an AWD crossover of some sort (as a meteorologist, you're on call 24/7, 365 days a year, and living in NJ means commuting in practically every precip type imaginable! Smiley Tongue ).

I'm leaning more toward Hyundai because a.) I'm likely not going to app and accumulate points in time, since I'll likely buy a car during the summer and b.) my family has had Hyundai's for as long as I can remember, and I'm just use to them at this point.

However, I'm thinking about the next 5-10 years or so, and with marriage and a family in my future, that means more cars (hello, minivans!)...so I could get a use from the GM card. As always, YMMV, but I put it on the list as a potential "winner".

By the way, that First National Bank of Omaha card is really bad... you only earn 5% cash back on amounts greater that $10,000 AND less than $13,000 (its the $150 earnings cap on the 5%...) then it drops back to 1%

Edit: the Fidelity Amex 2% card always beats that card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 51 of 53
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Hmm, I just noticed the Chase Zappos.com Rewards Visa. 3 points for Zappos.com purchases, 1 point for other purchases. Redeem 2,500 points for a $25 Zappos gift certificate, which is automatically emailed when you reach the 2,500 points. 

Looks like a $25 signup bonus after you make youir first purchase.

http://www.zappos.com/visa

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 52 of 53
crumberger
New Visitor

I own several cards with rotating 5% cash back categories including chase freedom, citi dividend, citi forward, etc. and use them in different purchasing situations like a swiss army knife.  This iphone app helps me keep track of the categories as they update: http://www.rewardscardpicker.com/

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.