cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

Established Contributor

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

>Myfico customer service said some score would show up after 6 months maybe they were wrong.

 

I don't think they are wrong, It is been constantly been discussed that it takes 6 months to get a valid score.

 

also refering to your earlier post where you wanted to wait for few months before applying, I belive since you have already started the app spree, you might as well get it done with it once n for all with a successful app.

 

You should try capital one too.

 

Paying $10 / month is a lot. It is almost equal to Amex gold card that has a AF of $125.

 

btw, do you want to try Amex Zinc? (sorry if this is a repeat suggestion, you might have done that already)

-void
Message 21 of 30
Established Member

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

I just applied and this is what i got back

 

The consumer credit reporting agency provided the following information regarding your credit file:

 

The Profile report does not contain any tradelines that have been open for at least six (6) months.(Experian)

 

so another denial.

 

Would getting that prepaid mastercard do any damage in regards to credit? Like would  I seem desprite getting that credit card?

In My Wallet:
| Chase Sapphire Preferred (01/2014) | Penfed Platinum Cash preferred (01/2014 | NFCU cashRewards (01/2014 | Citi Diamond Preferred (01/2014 | Walmart Discover (01/2014 | Bank Of Americard (04/2012) | Capital One Quicksilver Visa (08/2010) | Capital One Quicksilver MasterCard (12/2010) | Amex Zync (04/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | Discover more (12/2011) |
Transunion 720 Experian 728 Equafax 704
Message 22 of 30
Established Member

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

it also emailed me this

 

 

We have been unable to obtain your consumer credit bureau score from the agency(ies) identified below. experian

In My Wallet:
| Chase Sapphire Preferred (01/2014) | Penfed Platinum Cash preferred (01/2014 | NFCU cashRewards (01/2014 | Citi Diamond Preferred (01/2014 | Walmart Discover (01/2014 | Bank Of Americard (04/2012) | Capital One Quicksilver Visa (08/2010) | Capital One Quicksilver MasterCard (12/2010) | Amex Zync (04/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | Discover more (12/2011) |
Transunion 720 Experian 728 Equafax 704
Message 23 of 30
Epic Contributor

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

 


voidman wrote:

>Myfico customer service said some score would show up after 6 months maybe they were wrong.

 

I don't think they are wrong, It is been constantly been discussed that it takes 6 months to get a valid score.

 

also refering to your earlier post where you wanted to wait for few months before applying, I belive since you have already started the app spree, you might as well get it done with it once n for all with a successful app.

 

You should try capital one too.

 

Paying $10 / month is a lot. It is almost equal to Amex gold card that has a AF of $125.

 

btw, do you want to try Amex Zinc? (sorry if this is a repeat suggestion, you might have done that already)


 

yes 6 months after opening a credit product, no credit = no credit score regardless how long you let it sit.

Wow, you have to stop applying for these prime cards, your burning through inq for no reason.

can you give an updated list of what you have now applied for and we can give you better answered questions what to do next.

Message 24 of 30
Established Member

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

Well,

 

I just got approved for Capitol One card for 500 dollars.

 

I applied for

 

Chase

Bank of America

Amex

Best buy credit card

and now capital one and got approved.

 

I will not apply to anything more as i dont need anymore as long as they report to the three credit agencys or at least until i get a score. Any input would be great to hear.

In My Wallet:
| Chase Sapphire Preferred (01/2014) | Penfed Platinum Cash preferred (01/2014 | NFCU cashRewards (01/2014 | Citi Diamond Preferred (01/2014 | Walmart Discover (01/2014 | Bank Of Americard (04/2012) | Capital One Quicksilver Visa (08/2010) | Capital One Quicksilver MasterCard (12/2010) | Amex Zync (04/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | Discover more (12/2011) |
Transunion 720 Experian 728 Equafax 704
Message 25 of 30
Epic Contributor

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

 


dougie109 wrote:

Well,

 

I just got approved for Capitol One card for 500 dollars.

 

I applied for

 

Chase

Bank of America

Amex

Best buy credit card

and now capital one and got approved.

 

I will not apply to anything more as i dont need anymore as long as they report to the three credit agencys or at least until i get a score. Any input would be great to hear.


WOW Perfect... sit tight for 6 months now!

 

Message 26 of 30
Established Member

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

I really do appriciate your guys help on this. I will now wait and just read as much as possible of this forum!

 

cheers guys

In My Wallet:
| Chase Sapphire Preferred (01/2014) | Penfed Platinum Cash preferred (01/2014 | NFCU cashRewards (01/2014 | Citi Diamond Preferred (01/2014 | Walmart Discover (01/2014 | Bank Of Americard (04/2012) | Capital One Quicksilver Visa (08/2010) | Capital One Quicksilver MasterCard (12/2010) | Amex Zync (04/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | Discover more (12/2011) |
Transunion 720 Experian 728 Equafax 704
Message 27 of 30
Established Contributor

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

>yes 6 months after opening a credit product, no credit = no credit score regardless how long you let it sit.

 

yes true, sorry for not being clear with my post earlier.

-void
Message 28 of 30
Established Contributor

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

 


dougie109 wrote:

I really do appriciate your guys help on this. I will now wait and just read as much as possible of this forum!

 

cheers guys


 

Congrats Dougie,

 

 

-void
Message 29 of 30
Frequent Contributor

Re: had bank of america account for over 1 year with no social security number added to it

 


Creditaddict wrote:

Checking accounts will not show up on your credit unless maybe you default and they send you for collections.  You will have to get an actual credit card to help build.  Best Buy Mastercard will give you a $100 line with no credit score from what I have seen.

Possibly a better option would be getting a secured card through Bank of America.


 

Be aware that the link to the RZMC no longer works. It was intended to be an employee-only benefit of Best Buy, and, from what I've been told, it can only be access via the employee intranet at Best Buy. So that option is no longer available.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 30 of 30