I guess I will find out next month-

Sounds like I am only going to be charged $30 instead of $40
Message 21 of 25
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: happy birthday Amex Delta

cheddar wrote:

psychic wrote:
That is very confusing!  On the AMEX website, the only reference to a $30 fee associated with the Green card is for an additional card:

Basic Card: $95
Additional Card: $30 for up to five Additional Cards and $30 for each Additional Card after the first five.

I think this is Timothy's Delta Skymiles card, not his Green.  Regular Gold Delta Skymiles AF is $95, unless you have a carge card like a Green, in which case it's only $40.  It seems they're only charging $30 for the Skymiles card, though, which is odd.

I agree that the wording is confusing.  Maybe the wording of this notice hasn't been updated since they increased the Delta Skymiles AF from $85/$30 to $95/$40.

I see what's going on now.  You're right!  I must have been having a "senior moment." 
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 22 of 25
msheresy
Regular Contributor

On the Amex site right now, when it gives details regarding the delta card, it says that the af is waived a savings of "$85".   Does this mean that they could of dropped the fee back down?
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

msheresy wrote:
On the Amex site right now, when it gives details regarding the delta card, it says that the af is waived a savings of "$85".   Does this mean that they could of dropped the fee back down?

Yet the T&C on the card directly from the Amex site also say this in the Annual Fee column:

"Waived for the first year, then $95, $40 if you are a qualified American Express Cardmember"

So I think it is simply a matter of them not having updated the verbiage on a number of pages on the website and on statements that go out to cardholders.

I find it amazing that they don't have their act together about this!

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-27-2008 08:03 AM
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My July statement posted-

AF= $30 Smiley Very Happy

So it will be $40 next year.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.