cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone ever used chase to book their car rental?

tag
flan
Regular Contributor

Re: has anyone ever used chase to book their car rental?

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I generally see prices that are higher.  I'm surprised to see that you found a deal.

im wondering if i am trying to book too far in advance? I went on orbitz to see the price difference heres what i found:

Nine months is an awful long time in advance for a car rental.  When I'm planning that far out, what I do is make a reservation (or more than one, with different companies).  Then, I check the rates periodically.  If they go down, I book at the new rate, and cancel the higher one.   (There are websites that do this for you, like autoslash.  I've never used one.)  Nine months out, I'd check once a month or so, then weekly as it gets closer.  Also, the seasonal special rates/sales arent published until a month or two out, so keep an eye out for them.  Prepaying for rentals rarely works out well. 
Also, if you want a convertabile, book one.  Don't rely on Chase's description of what the fleet is (they're wrong!).  Every rental agency considers convertibles a speciality class, and the only way you'll get one is if you book one, or pay to upgrade at the counter. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.