cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone had to report a lost/stolen Chase card?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

has anyone had to report a lost/stolen Chase card?

My Chase Borders card has wandered off. Last used by DD#1 for grocery shopping, and somehow it didn't make it back in my wallet. The store hasn't seen it, we can't find it, and it hasn't been used. My guess is that it's wedged between the seat and the center console or something.

Has anyone had to call in to report a lost/stolen Chase (specifically Chase) card? Some banks just re-issue you a card with a new number, continuing to report only one TL. Others report a new TL, plus another one saying lost/ stolen, and I think that the dupe TL can re-age you, which is the last thing that I need.

If I'm going to wind up with two TL's, I think I'd rather just close it and get a Chase Freedom instead.

Any advice or info to help me stop dithering would be appreciated! --thx
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: has anyone had to report a lost/stolen Chase card?

when i upgraded my bp store card to visa nothing changed except the limit. when i did a product change from the bp visa to the duetto i rcvd a new tl w/all the age of the converted card, ie a new aged tl.

never did a lost/stolen w/chase, sorry.

Message 2 of 16
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that Haulin'.

I've never lost a Chase card but when my Orchard was reported Lost/Stolen I was issued a new TL. My score dropped 6-7 points and it's still on my report a year later.

They refuse to remove or alter.

I hope your outcome w/ Chase can be different.

GL.

Jax

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

one of my cu's just opned a new tl after dw lost her card, don't think it cost me any points though.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've lost my Chase card too, but I have my husband's card (he's an AU). I am not going to report it to Chase, because I am pretty sure it's just misplaced, not lost. Hmmm, maybe that's a bad idea, but it's been missing a month and nothing odd has happened with the card. You can call and say it's just damaged and they will send you a replacement, but maybe that is not too smart.
Message 5 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

siangirl34 wrote:
I've lost my Chase card too, but I have my husband's card (he's an AU). I am not going to report it to Chase, because I am pretty sure it's just misplaced, not lost. Hmmm, maybe that's a bad idea, but it's been missing a month and nothing odd has happened with the card. You can call and say it's just damaged and they will send you a replacement, but maybe that is not too smart.
We're in exactly the same boat! I genuinely believe that it's somewhere in our possession (now possibly in her car up in NYC), so I'm not trying to duck something, but I'm afraid that if it is found and used by someone else, I might not be covered. I need to go dig up the T&C and get out my magnifying glass to see what they say. Smiley Tongue

dither dither dither
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ta-da! Found it just now, in my own car. It was between the passenger seat and passenger door, with my work ID badge that I went out to get. (seems to be my new black hole) I suppose she left it there after shopping.

I'm glad I didn't do anything about this one. Sometimes the ostrich tactic works. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

aint that the way- that is good news! i guess sometimes it pays to just sit tight and keep looking.  it's funny, whenever i place a card in a slightly novel location (any place besides a wallet or sock drawer) the risk of losing track of it seems to increase, although at the time, it seems like a perfectly reasonable place for safe keeping and i always figure i'll remember Smiley Happy
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Whenever I hand one of my cards over to my (adult) kids, because they're making a shopping run, or I'm buying a tank of gas, I always give it a sad little look, not sure that I'll ever see it again. This was the longest vanishing though (since 9/30.)

They're actually very responsible with them. It's just those hand-offs that are the killer.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Chase TravelRewards Platinum Mastercard change account number twice because I discovered suspicious activity during my own statement perusing. Probably some thief attempting to see if the card was still active or not. Because I caught it so early, Chase was more than happy to simply freeze the account long enough to issue a new account number and card. Account terms, including all APRs, remained the same.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.