Thanks

Message 33 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: has anyone seen ash lately?

ashabbir1 wrote:
dnm. How does LOC work?

Thanks

i was told i would get a check book to write checks on, rate of 12.5. i was told it will stay in effect until i request it to be closed, and if i wanted to open a checking account it could be linked for overdraft protection.
Message 34 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dnm. I opened checking and savings account both with them. They are sending me
thw debit card too. So if I can use it as over draft protection it means I can use debit
card to access that money. How does repayment work?
Thanks

dnm45227 wrote:

ashabbir1 wrote:
dnm. How does LOC work?

Thanks

i was told i would get a check book to write checks on, rate of 12.5. i was told it will stay in effect until i request it to be closed, and if i wanted to open a checking account it could be linked for overdraft protection.

Message 35 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

like a cc or revolving account. min payment is based on interest rate and as you pay down the balance it free's up funds for use.
Message 36 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to commend Ash:

(1) for know what he did wasn't right
and
(2) for doing the right thing in closing the account.

If I could, I would sponsor you for membership in NFCU - integrity is one of the qualities I admire.
Message 37 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lady_Scarlet Smiley Happy

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
I want to commend Ash:

(1) for know what he did wasn't right
and
(2) for doing the right thing in closing the account.

If I could, I would sponsor you for membership in NFCU - integrity is one of the qualities I admire.

Message 38 of 58
dizzier
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Glad to have you back among the living.

There seemed to be an ugly feeding frenzy going on here over the last several weeks, and not only were people lying to get membership, as you said, but people were just losing their minds (and possibly their credit scores) in general.

It's enough of a challenge to clean up credit and improving scores, without everyone simultaneously losing their minds and app'ing to the Greater Southwest Texas-New Mexico Armadillo Herders' Credit Union, first getting membership in the National I Heart Armadillos Society. I think you have had a plan, bizarre as it was, and pretty much stuck to it. It seemed like others were just randomly firing off apps at anything they saw.

It reminded me of the Juniper apping frenzy (the Junami) several months ago, and people are still recovering from that one. I hope most have come out of the latest without too much damage.

I get all worked up when I read all this JFCU this, and Discover that, and Amex this and that. But I have a plan, saved to my desktop, and when I get twitchy, I click on it and read it. When you're ADHD like I am, impulsive actions often result in serious damage. Smiley Tongue

you know hauling. this phenomena is one of the screwiest parts of this site. Folks go after credit cards here like sharks at feeding time.

it's kinda crazy to me that i would spend months to years cleaning up my credit only to open up a gazillion CCs. all those minimum payments and dues is just a set up for 30-day-lates, or at least that's what it seems to me.

how on earth do you all manage?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 39 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

MS Money and on-line bill pay from my bank
I get the statements and reminders in both-

I have 10 CC's and 1 HELOC

DW had 15 (now down to 6)

so for a year it was- 25 CC accounts, 2 checking, 3 savings, 1 lOC, 1 mortgage, 1 car loan, 1 SL is EASY this way. Plus 2 IRA's and 1 investment acct,

I definitely push MS Money to it's limit and have to do my account updates in 2 sessions,

Yes - I track every transaction on every account !!!
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.