cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has the discover double cash back changed your lineup?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

has the discover double cash back changed your lineup?

so with the double cash back promo i no longer use my 1.5% cash back NFCU cashRewards because it doesn't reward me as much now. has this new promo made you SD any cards?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: has the discover double cash back changed your lineup?

Is that card in your siggy not a QS?..

And yes, I would have used my Journey (1.25%), but I used Discover whenever I can now. 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

no i don't have a QS because it's the same as my cashRewards and i like nfcu better lol.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has changed my plan for applying the Citi DC . My initial plan was to apply for Citi DC to get the 2% cash back . Since i am enrolled in the Discover double cash back , i  had

postponed my plans of applying for the Citi DC  . After the 12 months double cash period is over , i  will be applying for the Citi DC  .

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it prevented me from finding a need to app for anything. i am set with all categories except eating out but i don't qualify for the chase AARP card since i have gotten 5 cards this year. before i got the discover i was pre-approved for the slate but after the discover reported my slate pre-approval went away lol
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

plus an app isn't worth 1% over the discover 2% cash back for only $250-$300 a month in spend.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay same!

@Anonymous wrote:

It has changed my plan for applying the Citi DC . My initial plan was to apply for Citi DC to get the 2% cash back . Since i am enrolled in the Discover double cash back , i  had

postponed my plans of applying for the Citi DC  . After the 12 months double cash period is over , i  will be applying for the Citi DC  .

Would you happen to know what credit score is needed for that card?

I currently have something below 700 cause I was approved for 3 new cards last month. Also have 4 inqs...will this info matter?

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

the report is just as important as the score but i was approved with a 651 (if i waited 4 days i would have gotten better limit due to my score rising to 673 but i didn't know the promo was until 09/30 i thought the end of july was it) and i have like 4 30 day lates from late last year and not that amazing of a report. it's decently thick for only 6 years of credit though. 25 total accounts and all of them reporting well. 13 opened and 12 closed (loan stuff for personal and auto)
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
so with the double cash back promo i no longer use my 1.5% cash back NFCU cashRewards because it doesn't reward me as much now. has this new promo made you SD any cards?

mmmm not so much..... I would say a different answer once november hits. I plan on spending the full 1500 just in black friday shopping alone.....

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it definitely has not.

DC is still better for everyday purchases because you get the second 1% as soon as you pay. You don't have to wait for a year to get it, unlike Discover.

To me, the non universal acceptance of Discover means it is only good for the rotating categories and Discover Deals. For everything else, your best bet is to use a different card.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.