cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has the discover double cash back changed your lineup?

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: has the discover double cash back changed your lineup?

@Anonymous wrote:
yeah it prevented me from finding a need to app for anything. i am set with all categories except eating out but i don't qualify for the chase AARP card since i have gotten 5 cards this year. before i got the discover i was pre-approved for the slate but after the discover reported my slate pre-approval went away lol

What are you talking about Terror?. That rule only applies ot chase non co branded cards. Many have posted having 7-8 new accounts and getting the AARP> the main 2 that it effects Are freedom and Csp. Even the Slate has been proven not to be affected by the 5 card rule. are you slipping????Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

quite possible lol. my brain and i don't get along often.
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no change. Barclay gave me a nice promo on both Sallie Mae cards, they're my general spend. Once that bonus is met, I'll move on to the Discover for Amazon and 5% categories. For now, Discover covers discover deals and home improvement (not that I shop there..).
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

What bonus was that?...

Message 24 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Signing up for the double-cashback promo on the Discover it absolutely *would* have changed my lineup, except that it's outshadowed by the fact that at the same time I got the Discover it Miles card, which gives me effectively 3% on everything.  So I'm still only using the it card on the quarterly categories, and Miles everywhere else that Discover is accepted.

Chris.

Yes, I use my Miles card as the default too.  Can't use the IT on category or deals because Discover wouldn't give me one.....

Message 25 of 26
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

It hasn't changed much with me either.  Like HappyCamper123, I received a bonus offer on my Sallie Mae card.  The offer in my case has turned my SM into a 3% restaurant card through the end of September.  Starting in October, I'll use my Discover it for restaurants unless I end up getting a new card (like the Chase AARP or Double Cash).

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.