Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have you heard this one before?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you heard this one before?

I asked Household bank for a CLI and I was denied! I have never been denied in all the 6 years that I have been with them and I have a great track record with them (only 1 30 day in 6 years). I was upset...but not as upset as I was when the denial letter came in the mail. The reason? It stated: "we cannot accept your request for a credit limit increase at this time for the following reasons:
We cannot verify your identity."    WHAT? I was furious....they had my info correct because they pulled a hard inquiry on my CR- which they have never done before...it was always based on my payment history. The guy on the phone when I called was confused as well. Has anyone heard such a thing?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: have you heard this one before?

they are strange.  I called for some info on my gold card (had it for 5 years).  I wanted to see if it is one of those starter cards that is maxed out at 1500.  She told me she would upgrade me to a platinum but could only give me 400 cli.  OK.  I get a letter week later saying they can't upgrade me as my cli has to be at 5000.  Well at the rate of 400 every 4 years I can't see me getting luv from them and on top of it all they lied to me.  They are the absolute worst and I don't know why I stay with them.
what are your limits if you don't mind me asking.  btw  i've never been late with them.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household Bank is wierd.  I had a card with them and used it responsibly.  After one year they closed it because I "didn't utilize it sufficiently".

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you both- they are weird. Now I recieve an Orchard Bank CC in the mail (both through HSBC)...go figure. LOL
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is a like a box of chocolates
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO--TIMSmiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.