Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

health care credit cards

tag
keithc
Regular Contributor

health care credit cards

has anyone got a health ccc?? what should your fico scores be?? is it worth it??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: health care credit cards

CareCredit seems to be easiest to get

I use to have the Capital One and I was in the mid 600's but then like 6 months after paying it off I tried to get another one and they said no! so think they have gotten stricter. 

Message 2 of 8
keithc
Regular Contributor

thanks!!-credit addict!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's a health care CC?
Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

AZravens wrote:
What's a health care CC?

It is a way to finance medical procedures that aren't covered by your regular health insurance.

Lasik eye surgery, inflations and deflations of various body parts, dental work, etc. Many also cover veterinary procedures.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I guess I have one with my HSA.  Doesn't report to CRA's though.  And the limit is set in Nov of the previous year.  So actually, nothing like a CC maybe.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I also have Care Credit.  It's through GE Money Bank.  Goone hit my 1 yr anniv. this month!

I like that card.  0% promos a lot of the time.

GL

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My father got a Care Credit account with an Eq score of around 600.

He got it with a 0% for 18 months promo. It's worth noting though that it's deffered interest. So if you pay late, not only will they start charging you interest, they'll charge all the interest that you have been charged assuming the promo never existed from day one. Also, if you fail to PIF within the promo period, they'll tack on all the interest you would have earned had the promo deal never existed.

That said, it's super easy credit to get and as long as you pay attention and never screw up, it's a free loan. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.