cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me pick the right card please!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: help me pick the right card please!!

Id run the pre-qual offers on Citicards.com, chase.com, and discover.

Since you don't need 0% for BT I don't like the Citi Thank you but most likely you will be pre-qual. for other options and I would take one.

Chase... again Slate is good if you need 0% but Freedom or CSP if you are just looking for rewards and I bet you would get an offer online

and then 3rd just for great customer service and reliable bank I would throw in a Discover at the end of your apps.

4th. call up bank of america and see about product changing to a better reward card if you would like to use them more...

but for sure, add another 2 or 3 cards if you ask me!

Message 11 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

For example the AMEX BCE (Blue Cash Everyday) or BCP (Blue Cash Preferred- with annual fee), depending on what you spend on groceries and gas yearly. If you spend over $1,200 yearly on groceries, grab the BCP; otherwise, stick with the BCE.

Actually, the breakeven point of BCP vs BCE on just supermarkets is $2,500 a year, not $1,250.  ($1,250 allows you to break even, paying off the AF, but the BCE would have earned $37.50 on that spend).

And not just "groceries", you can buy gift cards to use at other types of store, which is why I and others have been saying BCP is nearly always the better choice.

Message 12 of 13
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@jenn_bar wrote:

For example the AMEX BCE (Blue Cash Everyday) or BCP (Blue Cash Preferred- with annual fee), depending on what you spend on groceries and gas yearly. If you spend over $1,200 yearly on groceries, grab the BCP; otherwise, stick with the BCE.

Actually, the breakeven point of BCP vs BCE on just supermarkets is $2,500 a year, not $1,250.  ($1,250 allows you to break even, paying off the AF, but the BCE would have earned $37.50 on that spend).

And not just "groceries", you can buy gift cards to use at other types of store, which is why I and others have been saying BCP is nearly always the better choice.

Thanks for the correction! Smiley Happy True, as my tuition bill would state... Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.