Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with Barclays Arrival

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

help with Barclays Arrival

hey guys, what is the difference between the the arrival world MC and the arrival Platinum? im not talking perks etc, what I want to know since I could not find it online is: does the platinum also get 2x$1 on every puchase like the World MC? 

also, does it seem hard to get the barclay world mc? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Re: help with Barclays Arrival

My platinum arrival gives me 2x for travel and dining. $1 for all other purchases

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 2 of 8
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Are ypu paying an AF? Did you have a choice to pay an AF for the 2x on all purchases?

Message 3 of 8
SPreb
Regular Contributor

No AF. I didn't have an optio

Message 4 of 8
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the info, I am only interested if I get 2x$1 on all purchases, so I guess I have to go for only the world MC, hope I get it Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
SPreb
Regular Contributor

If I am not mistaken they will issue a world or a platinum depending on what u r qualified for. There r no specific apps for world or platinum

Message 6 of 8
britthester
New Contributor

The World and Platinum distinction are only tied to your credit qualifications. If your credit is good enough, you'll get the world mastercard. If not, you'll receive the platinum. Both the AF and non-AF versions of the Arrival card can be World or Platinum Mastercards. The only difference in the cards is the rewards rate. 

Message 7 of 8
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Yeah basically the rewards are tied to the product type, but Barclays really should create a name distinction between the two. The MC benefits vary a little, World gets $200k in travel accident insurance, trip cancellation and baggage insurance and World Elite gets all that but $500k in insurance, a concierge and a travel service thru Virtuoso.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.