Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with my building goals

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: help with my building goals

I have had a checking and savings account with them for awhile so maybe that will help my odds? I'm hoping capital one will take the 30 day late off so that I only have one negative on my reports!

Where exactly do I send these letters? Hand written? I'm new to this, sorry.

Message 11 of 18
Guava
Established Contributor

I'd start with the address listed on your report, but I think many have found success in mailing/emailing their letter to some personel with sort of executive power or something, and that takes a little digging to find their email address and such.

If you haven't come accross them already, 2 threads that could be really helpful to you:

Induction's guide to finding important company contacts

Sample GW Letters

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 18
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

@Guava wrote:

I'd start with the address listed on your report, but I think many have found success in mailing/emailing their letter to some personel with sort of executive power or something, and that takes a little digging to find their email address and such.

If you haven't come accross them already, 2 threads that could be really helpful to you:

Induction's guide to finding important company contacts

Sample GW Letters

Okay, thank you for the great info!

Message 13 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would focus 90% of my GW attention on Bank Of America Cash Rewards Secured $300 limit that you listed.   Some users have had success with GW towards. BofA. Especially if there was an address or billing error, you may be able to get a GW adjustment easily if that was the case.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 18
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Here's an update- 

I sent BofA a secured message asking for them to removed the lates on my reports with the reasons why I missed the payments. I got a reply back within 12 hours saying to call their financial services number for further help. I called on my way to work and explained the situation to them and the lady was very nice saying that she will put in the request for them to removed the lates on all 3 of my credit reports. She told me that she could not guarantee that they will be removed and that I would receive something in the mail within 30 days. Also told me to keep calling back to check the status. 

I really hope this works out for me. That would be a great boost to my score and report!!! Next I will be sending one to capital one which I hope will do the same since my account is still active and in good standing. 

Message 15 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Lambo23 wrote:

Here's an update- 

I sent BofA a secured message asking for them to removed the lates on my reports with the reasons why I missed the payments. I got a reply back within 12 hours saying to call their financial services number for further help. I called on my way to work and explained the situation to them and the lady was very nice saying that she will put in the request for them to removed the lates on all 3 of my credit reports. She told me that she could not guarantee that they will be removed and that I would receive something in the mail within 30 days. Also told me to keep calling back to check the status. 

I really hope this works out for me. That would be a great boost to my score and report!!! Next I will be sending one to capital one which I hope will do the same since my account is still active and in good standing. 

Absolutely a good move on your part.. I will be crossing my fingers that this works out for you!  Good luck!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 18
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

I called capital one backdoor number and they said they don't usually take off lates unless it's their mistake. I told her my sob story and was able to get the 30 day late removed. She said it will take around 30 days. Im so happy! Thank you guys for all your help!
Message 17 of 18
Guava
Established Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:
I called capital one backdoor number and they said they don't usually take off lates unless it's their mistake. I told her my sob story and was able to get the 30 day late removed. She said it will take around 30 days. Im so happy! Thank you guys for all your help!

Nice! congrats!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.