Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help!!!!!!

ive been denied by amex for the bcp card and was approved for a chase sapphire with a score of 765 ive tried calling but to no avail ive written a recon letter but i do not know where to send it please help

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help!!!!!!

Is this the number you called? AmEx:  800-567-1083 (App Recon Requests)

Message 2 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

did you get a denial letter or the reasons online yet?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 28
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

From what I've read here, Amex only recons if your situation is different than the reasons why you were denied. It's more than just explaining why you have whatever it is they're not happy with. Your best bet is to rectify whatever reasons they gave you and reapply in the future.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

From what I've read here, Amex only recons if your situation is different than the reasons why you were denied. It's more than just explaining why you have whatever it is they're not happy with. Your best bet is to rectify whatever reasons they gave you and reapply in the future.

+1

Unfortunately, this is true.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

+1

Unfortunately, this is true.

+1

That's what they told me when I tried to recon the BCE I applied for. Unless something was actually WRONG on the report, they said they won't do a recon.

Unfortunate, but since it's Amex, they do what they want.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

they pulled two reports ex and eq but there only using ex with a score of 674 but my eq score is 763 all because of 1 neg account which is removed off all reports except EX which is ten years old so heres my letter to get a better understanding (ruff draft)

to whom it may concern 
this letter is in regards to a recent application for the blue cash preferred from American Express card product
application reference number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
this application was decline due to a number of factors,all related to one negative account which is 10 years old. I opened this credit card account when i was 18 years old mistaking a secured card for a prepaid card. since then I have become more knowledgeable and open numerous credit accounts which always remain in good standings. I'm never late and have no missed payments I'm asking you to reconsider your decision based on the following facts.
1:my household income is well over $100,000 
2:my fiancée and I spend well over $1000 a month on gas groceries and etc. 
3:I have not missed one payment or been late in 10 years.
I have heard from many sources that your card is the best Rewards card on the market today. and i believe im a responsible credit risk and deserve a chance with your card. i do not need a large credit limit and would be happy with a small credit line at first to prove to you that i am reliability and responsible. although I am not including my recent pay stubs I can send them to you if  needed I look forward to your reconsideration in regards to Blue cash preferred Amex card.
Respectfully 
Edited to remove a full name. Please don't post personal information - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator
PS you showed an experian credit score of 674 and I have an equifax inquiry from Amex and that score is 763 enclose is my Equifax report
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit your name out of that prior post.

Do you know the specific reasons they declined you?  I'm afraid your letter doesn't tell them anything they don't already know, and therefore won't really work for Amex.  As was previously stated, they only recon for incorrect information.

Message 8 of 28
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

So you're claiming they denied you based on 10 year old lates?

Those wouldn't be on your report. They would have come off after 7 years.

Tell us the whole story, and I'm sure people will try and help. But what you've posted is clearly leaving something out.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to the editor) OK here's what they sent 

Thank you for your recent application for Blue Cash PreferredSM .  We do value your desire to establish a relationship with us.  We regret that we are unable to approve your request.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Our scoring of your credit and other relevant information  (See below)

We evaluated your application using a credit scoring system that considers various pieces of information, including your credit report.  The following key factors contributed to our evaluation:

Your FICO? score (See below)

Account(s) not paid as agreed. (Experian)

In our estimation, the amount you have paid on your bank and retail credit card accounts over the last twelve months is too low. (Experian)

Amount of credit available on accounts (Experian)

Information About Your FICO? Score

We obtained your FICO score from Experian and used it in making our credit decision.  Your FICO score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report.  Your FICO score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.  On February 21, 2012, your FICO score was 674.  The FICO score ranges from 300 to 850.  The following are the key factors that contributed to your FICO score:

1 Serious delinquency.

2 Length of time accounts have been established.

3 Too few accounts currently paid as agreed.

4 Lack of recent installment loan information.

5 Too many inquiries in the last 12 months

1: is the old account 

2:average account age 5.6 years

3:is the old account I have 8 active accounts right now  

4:I have a home loan for two years I only buy cars

5: I have 2 besides this one amex (amex)10 months old (cap one) 10 months old

I open this neg account in 2003 I made the worst mistake of my life by paying it off in oct. 2009

My bank assures me that it will not be removed until oct. 2019 and chase sapphire preferred approved me right after 12k

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.