Regular Contributor
mgs2010

high credit field on report

On all of my credit cards I notice there is a section for "high credit" which appears to list the highest amount I've ever owed on that particular card. Question- does that number affect my credit score even if the amount in the High Credit field is an old balance? I have several accounts that report a zero balance but at one time or another were maxed or near maxed....

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: high credit field on report

mgs2010 wrote:

On all of my credit cards I notice there is a section for "high credit" which appears to list the highest amount I've ever owed on that particular card. Question- does that number affect my credit score even if the amount in the High Credit field is an old balance? I have several accounts that report a zero balance but at one time or another were maxed or near maxed....

No.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: high credit field on report

It does not affect FICO score.   However, if you are buidling credit history, it does show usage which is good (IMO)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}