Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high limit cc question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

high limit cc question

have a 51000.00 limit one one credit card .seems eq does not count it as credit card , credit limit is not added

to my utl. do tu and experian count cl that high as cc or some other type loan product . 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: high limit cc question

From what I've heard, credit cards over a certain limit do not count in your util on your credit reports.  I think I heard somewhere it was cards over 35K but it could be 50K
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

have a 51000.00 limit one one credit card .seems eq does not count it as credit card , credit limit is not added

to my utl. do tu and experian count cl that high as cc or some other type loan product . 

The $51,000 credit limit will also not be included in utilization calculations by TransUnion and Experian.  This can work to your advantage if you're showing a high balance on this card. 
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

have a 51000.00 limit one one credit card .seems eq does not count it as credit card , credit limit is not added to my utl. do tu and experian count cl that high as cc or some other type loan product . 

What type of card is it and who is it issued by?

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

have a 51000.00 limit one one credit card .seems eq does not count it as credit card , credit limit is not added to my utl. do tu and experian count cl that high as cc or some other type loan product . 

What type of card is it and who is it issued by?

Revike--

I was wondering the same thing!   I have a credit card with a $47,000 credit limit, but I've declined to "upgrade" it to a no pre-set spending limit Visa Signature card.  It is included in revolving calculations by EQ, but not by EX and TU.  However, it seems that many high credit line cards are no pre-set spending limit Signature or World cards, which usually, but not always, do not report credit limits.  Instead, the "Highest past balance" is reported as the credit limit. 

jjmcc323-

Is your card either a "Signature" Visa card or a "World" MasterCard?

Message Edited by psychic on 02-27-2009 11:43 AM
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's why I asked - in case the card in question was a Signature card or similar that does not report a normal CL.

Also, one of the differences among the CRAs' report formats involves high-CL revolving credit accounts. Some revolving credit accounts with high CL are categorized as "installment" or "other" instead of revolving, and each CRA has their own criteria - one might set the cutoff at 50K, another might set it at 75K. For example, my HELOC is a revolving account on EX and EQ, but is an "other" account on TU. So that's another possible explanation in this case ... 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is a boa i had 3 cards with them and combined all cl to do 2.99 bt
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the full name of the card/account (such as Bank of America Signature Visa) ?
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a B of A visa signature card with a $55,000 CL and on my credit reports it does NOT report a credit line.

My B of A Platinum Plus Visa cards carry lines from $28,800 to $50,000 and those report the CL.

My Chase Visa cards (from Bank One) report my CL's as $35,000 and $29,300.

I have no idea how any of these play a roll into my FICO scores.  I mananged to use all of my cards to within 10% of the credit lines then quickly pay them back.  I heard that using the credit but not keeping it owed for a period of time will help your scores and keep them from getting a CLD.  Do I know this as fact? NO

So far I have not had any of my CL's cut from any lender.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is boa quantum card , they would have rolled the other cl on any of the 3 cards i had it just was this one by

chance the others are platnum cards 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.