Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high limit cc question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: high limit cc question

As far as I can tell, Quantum is not like Visa Signature and should report as a "normal" credit card. So it appears that EQ might have a 50K revolving cap for CCs, and does not include 50K+ limit CCs in calculating the total utilization ratio for revolving credit.

No idea whether EX or TU has the same cap or sets a higher cap on revolving accounts ...

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as I can tell, Quantum is not like Visa Signature and should report as a "normal" credit card. So it appears that EQ might have a 50K revolving cap for CCs, and does not include 50K+ limit CCs in calculating the total utilization ratio for revolving credit.

No idea whether EX or TU has the same cap or sets a higher cap on revolving accounts ...

EX and TU have lower revolving caps for credit cards:  It has been speculated that credit lines of $29,000+ are exempt from these 2 CRAs' revolving credit calculations. 

I found a Bank of America statement regarding the Quantum card (click here).  It states that "There are no over-the-credit-limit-fees..."  Usually that feature is found in no pre-set spending limit cards, such as World and Signature cards.  So this card might very well only report a "Highest past balance" instead of a credit limit. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

my highest past balance was 45000.00 on card, they do not even count that towards my utl available credit is

137000.00 on all my other cards not counting this one. they dont include this cl in that figure, i wonder if they

include my balance against it and not cl

Message 13 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EX and TU have lower revolving caps for credit cards:  It has been speculated that credit lines of $29,000+ are exempt from these 2 CRAs' revolving credit calculations. 

I found a Bank of America statement regarding the Quantum card (click here).  It states that "There are no over-the-credit-limit-fees..."  Usually that feature is found in no pre-set spending limit cards, such as World and Signature cards.  So this card might very well only report a "Highest past balance" instead of a credit limit. 

I know that TU never picked up my NFCU 40K CC as being used. I took a FICO hit the month it was my only reporting card. It did not count. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that EX's cap might be higher than 29K. I have a 35K Chase, a 30K WaMu, and a 31K Chase AU which are all included in EX's utilization calculation, so perhaps EX's cap is more like 40K ...
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It appears that EX's cap might be higher than 29K. I have a 35K Chase, a 30K WaMu, and a 31K Chase AU which are all included in EX's utilization calculation, so perhaps EX's cap is more like 40K ...

Hi Revike!

How do you know that those accounts are included in EX's utilization calculation?  What credit reports show this information?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.