Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high limit credit card other than lowes or Home depot for large home renovation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

high limit credit card other than lowes or Home depot for large home renovation

Hi all, I'm looking to use a credit card to fund the renovation of a recent home purchase. I'll prefer cards other than ones from HD or Lowes just because i'll prefer to have the flexibility of buying my materials from any store without being tied to one. What's the best card that gives high limit with no APR for a at least a year that'll enable me to pay it off withint that period. My purchases will probably be around 20k. I currenyly have the CSP with 9k limit and mileage explorer with 13k and a local bank card for $500 and macys for $500. My balance on the CSP is 2k and mileage explorer is 3.5k and last i checked my credit score on here, i had 720, 730, 750. Looks like all have expired but 1 and that's my Experian showing 750. Now i'm thiinking about the possiblity of getting  two cards. The chase slate is on my mind but it looks like most people don't get that high of a limit on them but i'm thinking about that plus another card with a high limit.  What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: high limit credit card other than lowes or Home depot for large home renovation

Perhaps a card from Navy Federal or Penfed as they are know to give out crazy high limits if your profile supports it , more so with Navy Fed in my humble opinion. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: high limit credit card other than lowes or Home depot for large home renovation

Don't I have to be in the millitary or related to one to qualify for their cards? 

Message 3 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

No, you don't. Go check the official credit union guide under applications to find out how you can join Navy Fed. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 8
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

You may want to check with Wells Fargo Financial National Bank.  I had to have my entire HVAC system replaced on my house and found out about them because that was who the contractor used for their financing.  They have a Home Projects Visa.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that the Wells Fargo home project visa restricts you to their approved contractors and you only get a portion of the money on the Visa card which may not be enough for my purchase. Still sounds similar to thme lowes and HD cards. Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 8
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

Amex gives big credit lines depending on your credit history!!

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover It and Amex BCE maybe?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.